C23 the battle for alpha

Riley overheard what Scott said and remembered you said Scott mate scent was stronger than his. He might be right, you might choose Scott over him but you can't cause he might die if he battle it out with Scott.

Riley came out of his room, "is it true? That you would choose him over me? Do you have a stronger mate bond with him?"

"I... I can't deny that my mate bond is stronger with him but that doesn't mean I'd choose him over you."

"You shouldn't have even put him into consideration as your mate. Did you forget the years we spent together? We practically know each other inside and out." Riley furrowed his brows and pressed his temple.

The house fell silent  Riley returned to his room on the verge of giving up.

"Riley. We can't give up easily. We still have an alpha to defeat and then Scott." Vuk communicated.

"I don't know anymore. It feels so tiring."

"Listen to me..." Vuk began scheming with Riley on how to defeat the alpha and Scott.

....

Soon it was spring. Riley was prepping for battle against the alpha.

"Don't die." You went up to Riley and touched his chest and said a prayer. "Moon goddess, please watch over Riley Lucien. Help him get through the battle and that no one shall be seriously hurt."

Riley brought you in his arms and embraced you tightly. "No matter what I do, I do it for you."

The battle began, both alpha and riley transformed into their werewolf form, the fight was fierce. Alpha Asher wasn't an easy opponent but all the training Riley did has paid off. He was on par with alpha Asher.

Both about to be tire out, Riley threw some fine ground up wolf banes powder on the alpha's nose which can't be seen, causing the alpha to lose his senses slightly. Seeing an opening, Riley landed a final blow to the alpha. Which in turn defeated him, the crowd cheered for the new alpha.

Riley walked up to you, "the next battle will be for you." He placed his hands on your shoulder and went off.

You felt something off about him, like something took over him. You reached out to Riley, "rye, are you okay? You seem abit off."

Riley half smiled, "what's off? I just defeated the alpha. I'm tired. I'm going to have a rest first."

Back home, Riley went to the toilet and took out the tissue he stuffed in his nose. It was to prevent him from breathing in the wolf banes powder. He stared at his reflection in the mirror, "Scott grey. I'll kill you and anybody who stands in my way of my mate."

.....

University classes began. Scott chose the same school as you to be close to you, so did Riley.

Days so far have been going smoothly until one day during the changing of class. You went to your locker to take your books for the next lesson when someone slammed your locker door on your hands.

"Ow! What the fuck." You held your hand in another and glared at the person who did it. It was madeleine. Just great, new school but old drama followed.

"I heard rumours on how you spent winter with my boyfriend while I was away with my family." Madeleine spoke sarcastically. "Did you like how his dick tasted? He was all up in me before you. Home wrecker."

Veera was about to pounce on this bitch and you could barely hold your anger in. Your expression turned dark and you were about to beat the heck out of this person. "Beat it before I wallop you." You threaten.

"Are you threatening me? If I fall to the ground now, would people believe you pushed me? Will Scott believe that you did nothing to me?" Madeleine whispered beside your ear.