C8 Alpha

In class, Veera couldn't stop thinking about Scott's wolf while you couldn't stop thinking about Riley might die.

You sighed and stared at the whiteboard in a daze, paying no attention to what the teacher is teaching. You then saw Riley walked into your class. "Rye? You don't even have class here."

Riley stomped over to you and dragged you out of class.

"Hey I might get into detention for this! Where are you taking me?" You struggled.

"Haze- I, I can't stand this anymore. Each time I'm away from you, my heartaches badly. I've been in love with you since we are young and even more so after we bonded." Riley's wolf was whimpering, seeing his mate with someone else.

Riley stroked your cheek, "if you decided to be with Scott, I..." Riley took a deep breath in and out, "I'll fight to death with Scott and I'll lose willingly."

Your heart felt like an arrow has pierce through and Veera felt it too. "Rye... why? You could have gone and find your soulmate. You could have written on your hand and look for who is for you. Instead of being now stuck like this."

"Don't you see? I didn't want to know because, I want only you. You've gotten my heart ever since forever. I didn't just only want to be your best friend, I wanted you as my mate."

Before you could speak, Scott appeared. "Someone told me that this mutt here, pulled my mate away during class. What are you doing? Didn't I warn you to stay away from my mate, DELTA?" Scott used his alpha wolf command to suppress Riley.

"We were just talking Scott. There's no need to be agitated." You stood in front of Riley.

Scott grabbed you by your waist and pulled you to him. Scott looked over to Riley, "What's the matter pup? Are you in love with my Luna? Well you better back off cause she's my mate for life."

Riley's wolf was growling in anger. Both Riley and Scott's fangs were showing, both threatening each other.

"Stop this please. I'm going back to class. I can't deal with this nonsense, I've got an exam to study for."

Back at home.

"I want to be alpha." Riley said to his parents.

"Are you crazy?! Don't say that out loud! What's with this hold decision? You could die in the process! I forbid you!" His father shouted.

"I want to be alpha! So I can be more compatible for Hazel! I don't want see Scott taking away my mate!" Riley started growling fiercely in anger.

"Honey... mijo... are you sure Hazel is the one for you? You're already sacrificing yourself if her mate comes for you. Do you have to be alpha?" His mother, Kathy started crying. "Your wolf instinct is too reckless... it pains my heart..."

"If you want to be alpha, then we shall train. We'll announce to the pack alpha that you'll be challenging him for alpha tomorrow. And that we will challenge him once winter is over. Since you strongly believe Hazel is your mate, then you fight for her. Once a wolf chosen his mate, he will go all the way for her." Dan held on Kathy's hand tightly and looked at her, because he knew he would do anything for his mate.

"Thank you dad."

..........

Just then, you came back home.

"Oh you're all here. I've got something to say... um, Scott asked me to move into his pack..."

"Did you reject?" Riley quickly asked.

"No... but nor did I say yes."

Aunt Kathy signalled uncle dan to leave so you and Riley could talk.

"Why? Why didn't you reject?" Vuk voice was coming out of Riley's mouth and he wasn't happy.

"I... well, he's my soulmate. Shouldn't you find yours too?" You quickly grabbed a pen and took hold of Riley's arm.

"Stop! What are you doing!?" You could hear both Vuk and Riley's voice at the same time shouting.

"Talking to your soulmate!" You screamed as you struggled holding his hand down

You were about to scribble some words when Riley fully turned into his wolf form and pounced on you, it was such a big commotion that his parents quickly entered the scene.

"VUK! Stop this instant!" Uncle Dan shouted as his beta wolf, commanding Vuk to stop whatever he was doing.

All you saw was a giant wolf on top of you, whose coat was shiny grey and black paws with a hint of white at the end of his tail.

The sight you saw caused you and Veera to be terrified, it was a sight to be seen, you've never seen Riley like this nor him being this angry. He was growling fiercely and his teeth were all showing.

"VUK! I COMMAND YOU AS YOUR BETA TO STAND DOWN!" Uncle Dan fangs were showing while yelling at Riley.