C9 I chose you

Having to need to listen to his Beta, Riley turned back to human, fully naked as his clothes were torn off during transformation.

His mother quickly grabbed a towel and covered him.

"Don't you dare try what you did before, ever again." Vuk warned you. "You may be a Luna in the future, but I'm still stronger than you currently."

You were shocked at the sight and Veera has completely hidden herself at the back of your mind. "Scaredy cat." You scolded Veera.

Aunt Kathy helped you off the floor, "Riley's wolf has completely taken over his mind, give him time to cool off. He'll be back to normal. Soon enough."

Seeing Riley so worked up like that somehow made you thrilled. You don't know why, but seeing him trying to control you, makes you want to get closer to him. It's like you wanted him to dominate you.

You crept up to Riley's room and poked your head through the gap of his door. "Rye?"

"Yeah?"

"I... just want to apologise for earlier. I shouldn't have crossed boundaries.

"No, I'm sorry. I couldn't control Vuk properly. He shouldn't have lashed out. He's just very agitated after he found out that you met up with your soulmate after he marked you." Riley said sadly. "And I... I'm challenging to be alpha."

You pushed his room door wide open in shock, "are you crazy?! Do you know what it means to be alpha?! You not only have to challenge the alpha, but the wolf next in line too! Which is your own father!"

"I want to be good enough for you, I want to be able to match your status if you decided to choose me. If I have to fight Scott, I want to fight him as an alpha to alpha." Riley walked up to you and stroke your cheek, "I would go through anything for you. It's been decided since the day me and Vuk marked you."

"You? You and Vuk both chose me?"

"My choice has always been you even before Vuk came. You just didn't see me. You're the reason I never want to find my soulmate because, I choose you."

The next day, uncle Dan called a pack meeting. Where he announced that Riley will be fighting for the alpha position and if the alpha would accept the fight.

"My son, Riley Lucien, wolf name Vuk, hereby announce that he, wants to challenge the Alpha, Asher Hrodulf to a battle for position Alpha in Shadow pack, and to challenge whoever is next line for the position as well." Uncle Dan shouted across for all the wolves in the pack to hear.

Asher stood up, "I, Asher Hrodulf, wolf name Zeus, accept the challenge that Riley Lucien proposed. The battle will be at the end of winter, start of spring. The next in line will automatically have to challenge as well."

The other wolves started howling but uncle Dan stopped them, "I Dan Lucien, wolf name Hyde. Step down as Beta and so Riley Lucien has only to challenge the alpha."

Riley couldn't believe his ears, "dad! Are you sure?" Uncle Dan nodded, "it's okay son. I'm old anyway."

With that, meeting adjourned.

You rushed over to Riley's side. "Are you sure? There's no turning back now..."

Riley tilt your head up by your chin, "for you, anything's worth it."

With Riley, being a head taller than you, you stared at him with tears flowing down the side of your face. "If after all these, I still don't accept you, I would be a bitch won't I?"

Riley smiled and wiped the tear off your face. "Maybe." And kissed your forehead.

"Rye... at least answer me, why don't you want to find your soulmate?"

"What if she's not you? What if she replied? What if she appears and her scent is stronger than you? Would my wolf go to her when the person I want is you? What happens if she finds out that I've marked you and not her? Wouldn't her wolf be sad? Wouldn't she want to kill you to get my mark off you?"

Everything Riley said has been carefully thought of. Everything he has said, was all about you, Riley do truly love and care for you.