C38

"Yes. We can draft up a contract with a lawyer if you want shared custody. And if you're afraid of what people would say about you, being pregnant so young. We can get married just for show. I've lived long enough to not let all these bother me, but it's different for you. And you're right, you can't transform into wolf form as long as you're pregnant. To reduce any chance of losing the baby." Jason told you seriously. "You can slowly think of your conditions, I'll get a lawyer to draft up the contract according to what you want."

You hesitated, "I... if, I marry you, there won't be any feelings involved? I don't know if I can love another. I love Scott. Even if our bond is broken. I..."

Jason stopped you mid sentence, "You can do whatever you want, you just have to act like a good wife in front of my family. My family is very strict on family ties and proper conduct." Jason half smiled, covering the stabbing he felt in his heart, was it heartache he felt?

"I- why not I bring you around my family home first? To see if you're ready to marry me or we just have shared custody of the little one. You can move into my place for the time being." Jason touched your tummy, "things happen for a reason, I'm sure there's a reason why you're pregnant with my kid."

You laid back, "being married to a vampire at nearly 20. Does that mean, I'll grow older and you'll stay the same?"

Jason nodded, "I might even attend your funeral."

Your jaw dropped, "what?"

"Yea. You'll grow old and die. Vampires won't." Jason shrugged.

"... so will you take care of our kid even after my death?"

"I'm sure our kid will be old enough to take care of themselves by then." Jason laughed. "But yea, I will."

You laid in bed, staring at the ceiling. Unknowing what to do, you're only 20 turning 21 soon. What do you tell Riley's family? How do you even start? By saying you're pregnant with a vampire baby? Do you even want to keep this child with someone you just met?