6 | 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞

For next week, I carry on with my life as normal. Attending classes, doing homework, sleeping, and repeating.

Chloe has only seen me once since the party. She's been busy with classes, so I haven't been bothering her.

I told Abby I couldn't call this week because of my work and I honestly feel like crap for using that excuse because I could really use her right now.

I spent the day after the party laying in bed and catching up on homework. I barley ate and I didn't check my phone.

Now, I'm sitting in calculus trying to decide if this should be my thirteenth reason or not.

I hate math. And I mean hate it.

I only know how to pay my bills. That's the only shit I know about math other than the basics.

Thankfully, I have my air-pods in so instead of listening to my professor, I'm listening to music as I scribble what I can see on the board in my notebook subconsciously. 

Given y=sin 2x, dy/yx at x = 3 is most nearly...

What. The. F-

"Amanda, do you know the answer?"

You've got to be kidding me.

"No, Mrs. Woodworth. I do not." I plaster a pretty, fake smile on my face.

"Well maybe if you took out your air-buds you'd know. Take them out." She points her pencil to my ears as her glasses fall further down her nose.

I roll my eyes as the guys behind me "ooooh" in my direction.

My phone lights up on my desk with a text.

Chloe: Hey. I'm starving, want some waffles?

Mandy: I'm in class.

Chloe: So? Would you rather listen to a boring lecture or get lunch with me?

Mandy: Hardest decision of my life tbh.

A long pause.

Mandy: I'm joking btw.

Chloe: I know. Meet me at Wakin' and Bakin' for lunch!

I put my phone face down on my desk in an effort to actually pay attention.

————————————

"I have class in an hour so can we make this quick, please?" I ask Chloe as I sit at our little table. The huge window next to us shows the busy streets of Times Square.

"Yes. I just wanted to make sure you ate," She adjusts her glasses as she scans over her white, laminated menu.

"Thanks for the invite and I have eaten. Why breakfast for lunch by the way?" She only raises her eyes, not moving her head in the position she was reading the menu, "Because why not and don't change the subject. You've been extremely off this past week. How am I supposed to know if you've eaten or not if I don't even know if you're okay?"

I only shrug, "What do you mean?"

She rolls her eyes, "What do you mean what do I mean? You've been super weird since Saturday and you know it, don't bullshit me right now. What's going on?"