20 | 𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲, 𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲

I woke up to my phone ringing at five am this morning. My mother called and gave me the monthly update and asked if I was keeping up with my studies.

Being extremely hungover, I answered in short responses, too tired to deal with her lectures. If she found out about last night, I don't know how she'd react.

Parties were also a distraction to her. 

I dressed very lazily today. I have three exams and don't really care much about my clothing. 

All I can remember fully is Carter from last night. 

His smell.

His clothes.

The way he tucked me in and smiled at my ridiculous whining.

I hope I don't run into him today. The embarrassment would completely kick me in the ass.

I can't seem to get him out of my head and it's driving me mad.

I make myself a to-go coffee and head over to my science building for my psychology test. This is my final test until my mid-term exams in a few weeks and I didn't really study very much for it.

I'm hoping that I do well.

I sit at my seat and sip on my coffee to hopefully calm my nerves. My glasses feel heavy on my face because I haven't worn them in nearly a month.

My professor hands me my quiz and I have to beg my body to stay still from the anxiety coursing through me.

———————-

I so failed that.

I couldn't focus on my test and I forgot most of the criteria.

Crap.

My phone rings and I answer the incoming call.

"Hello?"

"Hi," Chloe says on the other end. She sounds annoyed. Did I do something?

"Is everything okay?" I ask cautiously.

"You know that girl we met at the party? Audrey?"

I pause my walking, "yeah..?"

"She just texted me. I don't know how she got my number but she wants to talk to you and I."

Um... What?

"Uhhh," I pause, my eyes closing. A tsunami of confusion swarms me. "Is she upset?"

"You tell me. We've only met her once," Chloe sighs. 

"Yeah, that's weird. I gotta go but we'll talk later."

"Good morning, momacita!" Abby greets me. 

"You're allowed on campus?" I ask her, confused. Most people who aren't students aren't really allowed on campus without permission. 

"Obviously. It's not like they'll be able to tell."

I laugh.

"Can I talk to you?" She asks me, her tone turning serious.

I nod my head and we sit down on a concrete bench near a tree.

"So," she begins, fiddling with her hands, "there's this guy."

My eyes widen and my eyebrows raise. A guy? And I'm only just now hearing about this.

She continues, knowing I'm listening intently.

"We hooked up," she drops another bomb, "and I don't know if he likes me or not. I like him, a lot. I don't know how to tell him and-"

I interrupt her, "woah. woah. woah. Can we pause, please?"