14 | 𝐊𝐞𝐲

"Where is my concealer?" Abby says. I catch her throwing my bedsheets around along with her clothes and my dirty ones on the floor in my mirror.

"What are you talking about?" I ask as I apply my mascara.

She huffs and puffs, "I need my concealer!" she yells and I almost poke my eye with my mascara wand.

"You need to chill out," I say.

"I'm sorry!" She shouts as she paces around the room, throwing pillows and looking through her bags. "I've been sleeping on an air mattress for three freaking days and my undereye bags look horrible!"

I continue applying my eye makeup, "Okay well would you rather cuddle in the same tiny ass bed? I don't know where you would've put it."

She continues huffing and puffing, "Amanda you cleaned up last and I left it right here!" she waves a hand to the kitchen counter space.

I spin around in my desk chair, "Abby, I never touched your concealer. It's yours, not mine."

"Ugh!" She yells. "Dude can you not yell? There are other people here and the walls are thin," I say and she flips me off. I've clearly pissed her off by the expression she gives me.

"It's concealer!" I shout back, "It's not like it grew legs and walked off!"

Before either of us speak again, Chloe waltzes in wearing jeans, a top that says 'Chanel' she purchased from target, and a Gucci belt she says she got as a Christmas present. She's barefoot as she pads into my room, holding a small tube.

"I used this. Thanks, Abby!" Chloe says, placing the concealer on the counter by my Keurig and leaves the room. Abby and I sit in silence, not moving as we stare at the concealer tube.

"We're not gonna talk about this are we?" she asks.

"Nope."

"Cool," she says, grabbing the tube.

------------------------

The three of us catch a cab, laughing and fixing our hair before we make it to a small steakhouse where Landon made his reservation. It's formal which makes me glad I dressed less causal tonight. I chose to wear a small leather skirt with nylons underneath, a waist-length black coat, and closed-toed heeled boots. It's chic, but not too much. Which is most of my closet.

Abby pushes the door open for Chloe and I, closing it behind her.

"Reservation for four under Thompson," I say to the hostess at the front desk. She nods and leads us to the table where Landon is already sitting. He gets up as we walk over but Chloe runs to him, hugging him first.

"Hi!" She says, "I know I just saw you yesterday but still!"

"Don't worry about it," he chuckles. He looks to me next and pulls me in for a hug. His body is warm and he smells like mint and lemon. Odd, but for some reason seems like a very 'Landon' smell.

"Hey," he says. I smile at him, "this is my friend Abby from TCU," I introduce them and Landon stops, eyebrows raising.

"Hi," he says as he takes in Abby. Her smile grows a bit more, "Nice to meet you," she reaches out her hand and he takes it. From the look on his face, I'd say he was almost speechless. "Landon," he greets.

We all sit down. Chloe next to Landon who is in front of me and me next to Abby. "So," Chloe starts the conversation as we grab our menus, "what's good here?" Landon nods, "the garlic bread for one thing and the mac and cheese is incredible."

My stomach growls at that. Abby is the next to speak, "any good drinks?" she asks. Unfortunately, we're all underage. But sometimes the menu offers virgin cocktails and Abby takes full advantage of those.