19 | 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐭𝐡

A few days later, Landon told us we'd meet Audrey at a party. She apparently goes to Columbia as well and he figured it would be fun if we could stop by and meet her.

I haven't been to a party since the incident a couple weeks ago and almost debated on being "sick." But I told myself that Landon is my friend. I should be there to support him.

I was also informed, Carter would be going. That gave me more comfort than I'd like to admit. 

Apparently, Landon and Carter are closer friends than I thought.

"Do I look good in green?" Chloe asks as I finish my calculus homework. I'm still in baggy clothes and glasses. She has showered, curled her hair, and finished her makeup and is now rummaging through my closet for clothes.

Abby, unfortunately, is going to be late. She's busy with her TCU stuff but we promised to fill her in if any drama happened while she was gone.

"Of course," I say.

"Don't lie," Chloe says.

I flinch, "what? I'm not."

"Maybe purple?" She says as she flips through my clothes.

"Chloe," I sigh as I look up from my textbook. She turns around, her green eyes shining. "Pick something. You look great in everything," I tell her.

"You're wearing this!" Chloe throws a dress at me and I huff.

Please tell me tonight won't get messed up.

——————————

Chloe and I took a cab to the frat house on the Columbia campus and Landon was the first to meet us there.

Carter of course, was right beside him.

"Hello, beautiful," he greets me. He's wearing a simplistic outfit, a black shirt and black sweatpants. It makes him look just as attractive as he normally does. 

I catch his eyes lingering from my feet to my face from where he is in front of me and my stomach swarms with the familiar feeling of butterflies.

Dang it.

"Hey guys," Landon says as he leans in to hug Chloe and I. 

"So," Landon claps his hands, "you guys excited?"

Chloe and I exchange glances and nod at him with smiles.

"So who's this chick?" Carter asks Landon.

He doesn't know? That's shocking... 

"Her names Au-" Chloe begins but Landon cuts her off.

"Uh someone from L.A." He talks to Carter, "you know her. Maybe too well."

Carter flinches in confusion. Now I'm more curious to know who this girl is.

"I need a beer," I say. I grab Chloe's hand, the guys walking behind us, as we make our way into the frat house.

"Wanna do some shots?" Chloe asks giddily. I nod as she grabs two plastic shot cups off the counter top.

I smile at her as she hands me the small plastic cup with unknown liquor. 

"My guess is we'll be watching you closely," Carter whispers to me.

I give him a look, "I'm not that big of a drinker."

He nods approvingly, "okay. Have fun. I'm here if you need me."

"I don't need you to take care of me, Carter," I fight back as I tip back my head, the liquor burning my throat as I swallow.