7 | 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

"Thank you for dinner," I say to Landon as he holds the door for me and we exit the restaurant.

"No problem."

We walk slowly side by side. "So. A guy like you wonders around New York without a girl on his arm?" 

He chuckles, "yeah. Is that surprising?"

I nod, "yes, actually. You're everything a girl could want. Respectful, kind. You're the package deal."

"Thank you, really." He places his hands in his pockets. "I just haven't found the girl, you know?"

"What do you mean?"

"I want someone fun. Most of the girls I've been with are either too immature or just get bored. I want someone I can laugh with and be serious with. It should be both."

I nod. That's understandable. 

"I'm waiting for someone who's waiting for someone like me, I guess." His head is bowed down as he walks, almost like thinking the thought makes him upset.

Poor guy.

"Don't worry. I promise you'll find someone," I nudge his arm, "this city is huge. There's gotta be someone here for you right?"

He shrugs, "I don't know. Maybe she's not even here. Not yet." 

Landon walks me to my building and I promise him I'll introduce him to Chloe. She'd love him.

She doesn't seem like his type, but he would love her too.

--------------

"Do you think I'm fat?"

I look up at Chloe immediately.

"What?" I shake my head. Did I hear that right?

"Do you think I'm fat?" She asks again.

"Chloe what the hell? You're not fat. At all."

"You think?" She asks again, rubbing her hand over her stomach in front of my full length mirror.

"Chloe, you have the skinny line down your stomach."

She stops for a second, "well, yes but I feel so bloated sometimes."

I roll my eyes, turning back to my computer.

I've been working my ass off on this essay for my psychology class and it's taken me nearly a week to write.

My psychology courses mean a lot to me. If I get my full credits, I can graduate with any degree in psychology or psychiatry I want. 

I had a thought last night about children's psychology and helping little kids with mental issues. Everything that happens to you when you're a kid can determine who you are when you're an adult. 

"I want some coffee. Do you want some coffee?" Chloe asks, walking over to grab her bag.

"Where are you going?"

"Starbucks. I'm kinda feeling a Caramel Brûlée Latte." Her red hair flows on her shoulders as she nods her head in excitement.

"Nice. No thanks though." She waves and walks out, shutting the door behind her.

I re-read my six page essay twice to make sure I don't have any spelling errors, turn it in, and slam back onto my bed. A million thoughts go through my mind at once and I feel like I'm forgetting something coming up soon. 

I've never been the type of person who can just relax. I always have a million things happening and I'm never thinking about one thing at once. 

Perks of ADHD, I guess.