18 | 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐥

Carters couch is, in fact, as soft as a pillow.

It feels better than my bed. I roll around, the fur blankets warming me up entirely. That's when it suddenly hits me.

Last night. The rooftop. The confessions.

The almost kiss.

Oh no. Oh no, no, no, no.

I tried to kiss him?

I tried to KISS him?

I groan awake, the bright sun blazing towards my face. My mouth tastes horrible and I can tell my hair is a mess.

I hear a door open and some footsteps behind me.

"Good morning," Carter greets. His voice is deep with sleep.

"Morning," I yawn back.

"Want some coffee?" he offers.

"Uh yes, please."

I pull myself up into a sitting position. My stuff is thrown on the other side of the couch, my shoes on the floor.

I look towards the beautiful kitchen and almost pass out.

Carter is shirtless with messy hair and black and red checkered pants that hang low on his hips.

His very defined hips.

I suddenly remember how disgusting I am right now and immediately run to the bathroom.

I accidentally slam the door behind me, wanting to scream at my reflection in the circular mirror. I see mouthwash on the counter and quickly chug some into my mouth.

A knock is at the door as I hurriedly brush my fingers through my hair.

"Are you okay?" Carter says.

"Yeah!" I yell to him through the door.

"Okay, your coffee is ready," he tells me.

Crap.

I gurgle some water in hopes of it covering the obvious mouthwash breath and walk to the kitchen. I slept in my hoodie and leggings which I still wear now.

I grab my warm mug and hold it between my hands in hopes of a distraction away from Carters really defined abs.

"Sleep well?" he asks as he takes a sip of his coffee. He's leaning against the opposite counter where the coffee machine is.

It looks like a very expensive one.

"Yes," I respond sleepily, "your couch is really comfortable."

He chuckles at that, "I know right."

I remember how awkward it must be between us now. I tried to kiss him less than twelve hours ago and now I'm drinking his coffee.

What have I done?

I don't even know why I tried to kiss him. My body sort of took over.Did I really see him like that?

This is so confusing.

"About last night-" I try to say but he cuts me off, "don't worry about it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

I stay silent. Clearly that's the end of the conversation.

Carter moves forward and leans his elbows on the counter in front of me.

"Are you hungry?" he asks me.

I nod and yawn again. It takes me a while to wake up.

"Are you?" I ask him.