36 | 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧

"So he's a good kisser?" Chloe asks as we I hold open the door to her dorm.

"Well, obviously. I wouldn't be with him if he wasn't," I joke.

"I think he's more than good at kissing," Abby says with a hint of laughter in her voice. I slap her on the arm.

Chloe jumps on her bed, her red hair vibrant on her white bedsheets. She shifts her body so her neck hangs on the side of her bed, looking at is upside down.

"I need a girls night!" She exclaims. Abby and I nod in sync.

"New Years Eve is tomorrow," Abby says as she sips her iced coffee, "wanna go shopping?"

I frown, "we shop way too much."

Abby look at me like I just announced Hitler was still alive, "you can never shop too much."

I roll my eyes and don't fight her on the topic. Shopping is held way too close to her heart and mental health.

"I wish I had a kiss tomorrow night. Mandy has a sexy, rich, supermodel to smooch her," Chloe whines. I smile to conceal my blush.

"Where is Carter anyway?" Abby asks. She grabs one of Chloe's many stuffed animals and holds it in her lap.

"Somewhere with Landon. Probably watching soccer and hitting on girls," I shrug. Chloe smiles at my trashing.

Obviously, Carter would never do that.

And he knows that if he ever did, his dick would be chopped in half. But I like to think he doesn't want to.

"With that broken wrist I'm sure he's a charmer," Abby sighs with an eye roll.

"Abby do we get to meet your Mr. Mysterious tomorrow night?" Chloe asks.

Abby blushes, "maybe. But we've only kissed like twice."

"I thought you guys have slept together?"

"Well, yes. But only twice."

I nod slowly. That makes sense but it doesn't.

"Wanna watch a movie? I bought this new one about a hot bad boy and his summer crush meeting again," Chloe sequels as she sits up.

I sit next to her on the bed and play with the tips of her hair, "sure."

—————————
I sit on the couch beside Carter as he plays guitar quietly. I found a lot of peace within myself when he plays. I truly don't know why.

He argues about wearing his cast as he plays. He can move his fingers, but not his wrist, so he only messes with the chords until his hand gets better.

He's more talented than he gives himself credit for. He says he has a whole collection somewhere at his grandparents house and when he takes me to LA, he'll show me every single one.

"Move in with me?" Carter asks. I stop my sipping on my water and look at him. His blue eyes hold some sort of childish innocence in them that makes me immediately want to say yes.

When I don't answer, Carter lays down his guitar and puts his hand together in pleasing. "Come on, please?" he urges.

"I'll think about it." I say.

"But there's not that much to think about," he rolls his eyes, "it's a yes or no answer."

I don't hate the idea, but I'm content with my dorm and being close to Chloe.

"I'm happy on campus right now," I explain. I leave the living room and open the fridge, grabbing out a package of pre-cut mangos.

"I know but I want to be close to you, like forever," Carter whines. If a little boy ever whines about not being able to play with his toy cars, it would be the same equivalent as Carters whining.