26 | 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐞

Three days. That's how long it's been.

Angry. That is quite literally all I feel.

I'm angry at Carter. I'm at angry at Audrey. I'm angry at myself.

But overall, I feel so beyond stupid, blindsided, and manipulated.

I have gotten probably hundreds of texts and plenty of missed calls from Carter. I can't even think about him without my chest hurting.

Tears start to form at my eyes but I blink them away.

Why did I ever trust him?

He's wealthy and he's attractive and he's young guy in New York. Of course he'd want someone like Audrey.

He probably just led me on for sport.

But for the first time in so long, it's so hard for me to grasp because I genuinely believed we had something.

I genuinely liked him. He listened to me, he seemed to care about who I was and where I came from. As much as I didn't show it, I liked having him around.

I believed him.

Now I have sit here and face the fact that it has all gone to shit. All of it.

All of those conversations and laughs. All of those kisses and rooftop dates and homemade dinners.

I told Chloe and Abby about everything. Chloe told Landon, who was extremely pissed off. After the whole situation, I took a cab straight back to the dorms where I've been for the past three days.

I've barely eaten anything too. The girls brought me food here and there when they could but I didn't eat much of it.

My phone goes off beside me with another call from Carter. I press 'X' and continue watching the movie on my laptop.

Right before winter break too. Right before I have to go home and see my mother and pray that everything goes well.

Just great.

Another text from Carter vibrates my phone.

I hear a few knocks at my door so I pause my show, lay down my popcorn, and go to open the door.

Low and behold, the asshole himself is standing there.

We lock eyes for a second and all at once I want to slam myself into him and hug him and slap him at the same time.

"Mandy, I-"

I slam and lock the door in his face.

He knocks a few more times and I hear "Mandy!" through the door.

"Go away!" I yell back.

"Please!" He yells through the door. "Let me explain myself. You don't understand what happened!"

"I understand perfectly!" I argue back.

I hear some shuffling and become extremely shocked and terrified when the lock starts moving on its own.

He's a fucking demon.

Carter opens the door and shuffles in with a gold key in his hand.

"How the hell did you get in here?!" I ask. My anger starts rising at a abnormal pace. He looks at me and then points to my doormat.

"Chloe said you had a spare key."

Of course she did. Why wouldn't she tell him that?