VI: Chicxulub Impactor

After a minuet or two of laying on the bed, a thought came to my mind. What did he mean by 'didn't know if you wanted Rose to see it or not'...? How could I've possibly missed that...? Also...where is my phone...? I didn't find it in my bag when I emptied it. I got up, left my room, and went back to the Tardis's control room.

"Where's my phone...?" I asked him almost as soon as I had saw him. I didn't know know what he was even doing as he seemed to be messing about with the console.

He pulled my phone out of his pocket and tossed it towards me, which I luckily caught. "Hey, you could've broken it!" I told him as I looked at my dark blue Nokia. Also...why did he have it in his pocket...?

"I made some upgrades." He told me, not giving me any time to say much else. "It won't break from falling from a high place, also the signal is now boosted."

"Boosted...?" I asked him, not quite knowing what that meant.

"You can call and be called from anywhere in time and space." He told me. "Even if the phone you're calling or being called from doesn't have a boosted signal."

"Ok...." I told him, acknowledging that I understood what he had said...if only barely. "Ok...now...backtrack...."

"To when...?" He asked me.

"You mentioned Rose." I told him, as if it was obvious that that was what I wanted to talk about. "Was she in here...?"

"Yes." He replied. "Though not quite yet."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked him, a bit confused when he said the words 'not quite yet'.

"Time travel, sometimes it's...messy." He told me. "She's been in here but not quite yet, the one you know at least."

"Ok...so...I take it more than a night has passed for you...?" I asked him. "Since we last met."

"About a day." He told me.

"And the plastics...?" I asked him. He was looking into them before I met him and that was even how I met him...at least the second time.

"Dealt with." He told me. "Rose got tangled up with that, so that's why she had been in here."

"Ok, so...why isn't she here now...?" I asked him, a bit confused.

"She didn't want to come with." He told me, simply. "Now...all of time and space. Any idea where you wanna go...?"

I though for a moment. Anywhere...anytime...it was a hard decision. "Are you sure this is a time machine...?"

"Name a time." He told me, more so dared me to.

"The Chicxulub impactor." I told him. "Extinction of the Dinosaurs."

He messed with the Tardis's console and with the flick of a lever, it started to hum and rattle. I quickly grabbed hold of a railing to stop my fall. Once everything calmed down, he went over to the doors before he flicked them open.

As I looked out the doors, I took notice of what was outside...space. Then I looked out at the planet, a version of Earth that resembled some of the pictures that tried to recreate how the planet might've looked around the time of the Dinosaurs. To the side, this massive commet, meteor, as it barreled it's way through space. Designation: Earth. It's even bigger than I thought it'd be and moving much quicker than you'd think.

I watched as the meteor hit the surface of the planet, the planet visibly shook as what looked like a colossal volcano erupted from it's side. Smoke started to engulf the now burning planet as hellfire rained onto it's molten skin before the planet started to rapidly cool as it entered a forced winter.

"Wow...." I stated as I looked at the planet. "Amazing, it must've taken eons to recover...!"

"Nearly 10 million years." He told me, looking towards the planet. "Although life emerged nearly 30 thousand years later. First along the sea floor, then in the vast oceans before they learned to walk the shore."

"We're in space right now though, right...?" I asked him. "With the doors wide open...." I was too busy watching the deadly spectacle in front of me to take much notice of something like that, something lesser than the history that was happening right in front of my eyes. "How...?"

"A force field." He simply told me. "Keeps the air in so we can breath."

"Oh...." I told him. That didn't seem all that exciting after the day I've had. "Hey...did you ever tell Rose this was a time machine...?" I more so wondered aloud than asked him.

"No." He told me as he closed the doors. "Would that matter...?"

"It might." I told him. At that, he went back over to the console. The Tardis shook once more, and I held onto the rails once more, as it travelled through time.

Once we stopped, he went over to the doors. However, before he opened them, I grabbed his sleeve. He looked at me, a bit puzzled. I just shooed him away, off to the side more like it, before I opened up the doors of the Tardis.

I saw both Rose and Mickey as they walked away from the Tardis with the blanket of darkness that was night as their backdrop. "Hey Rose...!" I called out after them. She immediately turned around and stared at me, wide eyed.

"Where have you been...?" She asked me. "Mum's been worried sick, we haven't see you all day!"

"I left a note." I told her, referring to the one I left on the fridge.

"That you went out for coffee before we woke up." Rose told me. "Normally that's not a problem but...wait...what are you doing in there...?!"

She just now noticed that...? I asked myself. Of course she just now noticed that...she was probably surprised that I was even at all...never mind that I was standing in the Tardis's doorway.

"It's a time machine." I told her, trying to explain my actions. "He picked me up after I had lunch, then I saw the extinction of the dinosaurs. Now I'm back roughly what...six or so hours after I left...? Sure you don't want to tag along...?"

Rose looked from me to Mickey, back to me and then back to Mickey. She really did seem to be having an internal argument within her head. "Thanks." Rose told Mickey, who looked confused.

"Thanks for what...?" Mickey asked her in his confusion.

"Exactly." Rose told him before she kissed him on the cheek. She then turned back towards me and ran into the Tardis, I then closed the door behind her.

~~~

Word Count: 1130