XXXV: Sick Day

As I woke up, I grimaced at the light of my room.... Why is it so bright...? I complained as I turned over on my side and pulled the blanket over my head. "Wake up, Emily. Come on!" I heard Rose's voice as I felt someone, her, sit beside me on my bed. "You've slept about half the day...I think...." She let a couple seconds pass in the quiet of the room before she next spoke. "Or...at least the Doctor told me it's been about that long."

"G-go away...!" I complained as I laid there. I so wanted to get back to sleep, for the room to be dark. My head seemed to pound, I felt a bit light headed as well. I so did not feel like getting up.

"Alright." Rose told me as she got up. "But you asked for this." With that, I felt the blanket pull away from me. I desperately tried to grab it back but before I knew it, it was laying all the way across my room. I seemed to groan with displeasure as I just curled up on the bed. "Come on, let's go get you some food in your belly. The Doctor's planning on taking us to an alien planet where the people are as advanced as cavemen...it'll be fun or so he said."

My hand soon found the draw string connected to the canopy of the bed, where the white curtains rested. I pulled the string and the curtains closed shut. It may not provide much shade from the lights as the curtains had decorative holes all in them...but it was something. "Rose...." I told her, my voice a bit grumpy. "Just go...I'll come when I want out...."

"Not what I was looking for." Rose told me as she opened the curtains which hung from the bed frame. I tried to pull the string to once more close them but Rose's strength seemed to be more than mine as she kept them open. "Come on before you break the bed."

"I'm not gonna break the bed...." I told her. Rose finally got me up as she dragged me out of bed and out of my room...with my white nightie still on. She then dragged me all the way into the kitchen, where she sat me on a chair at the table. I placed my head down on the table almost as soon as I sat down, crossing my arms around it as to block out the light.

"Alright, what do you feel like for breakfast...?" Rose asked me as I heard her shuffling through boxes and even opening up the fridge.

"I don't feel much like eating...." I told her, I felt a bit nauseous.

"Oh come on!" Rose told me before I heard something being set on the table right in front of me.

I peeked up at it, it was ice cream. I sat my head back on the table before I used a hand to push the ice cream away from me. "No...." I told her as I pushed it away.

"You don't want ice cream...? Are you sick?" Rose asked me before she placed her hand to my head. "Emily...you're burning up...!" With that, she took her hand away from me before I heard her run from the room. "Doctor...!" Was the last thing I heard from her before the door of the room opened and then closed back.

I relaxed for a second while she was gone, and I'm pretty sure I fell back asleep. The hurried putter patter of foot steps seemed to wake me as they rushed into the room. "Emily...!" The Doctor called out my name as I felt his hand slightly shake me, probably to wake me if I was asleep...which I wasn't...not anymore.

I groggily sat my head up as I looked at him, worriness written all over his face. When was he not worried about me lately...? I seemed to ask myself. "Y-yeah...?" I seemed to ask him, my voice a little weak...weaker than it was when I had just woken up.

He looked me over before he grabbed a flashlight and just stuck it in my face...with it being on. I rapidly blinked as I leaned away from him before I slapped the flashlight out of his hand. With a loud clank, it landed on the floor. "Why'd you do that for...?" The Doctor asked me.

"Why'd you shove it in my face...?" I seemed to ask him.

"I'm trying to see if you're alright." He told me, as if it were obvious.