XXX: Carriage Chase

As the three of us walked through the streets, we begun to hear a scream...multiple, panicked, screams. The Doctor instantly looked up from the newspaper he had been reading, a slight smile on his face. "That's more like it." He said. With that, we darted towards the screams. The blood in my veins began to pump faster and faster as I ran...filling me with excitement as we raced.

We pushed through a crowd as we neared a theater. "Panick at the theater." I told both the Doctor and Rose as we approached. They just looked at me like I was crazy. "Get it...?" I asked. "Panick at the Disco...?" They seemed to know what I was talking about now but they didn't really seem to care about it too much at the moment. "It's a band...? Came out in 2004? Or will come out? Time travel's tricky...." Still nothing. They seemed to leave me behind as they raced up the stairs, Rose lagged a bit behind the Doctor. With a huff, I ran up the stairs into the theater as well, pushing past people as I entered.

"Fantastic...!" I heard the Doctor say as I managed to catch up with him and Rose. He instantly grabbed my hand, as if not to lose me again in the sea of people around us. My eyes instantly seemed to look where his was as I saw the most terrifying creature I had ever laid my eyes on so far.

"I-is that...?" I asked out as I looked at the creature made out of this wispy light. "A ghost...?"

"Don't be ridiculous." The Doctor told me. "Ghost's aren't real."

"Then what is that...?!" Rose asked him, pointing towards the creature.

"Probably an alien." The Doctor told us.

"Probably...?!" I questioned him. Suddenly, the creature just disappeared, momentarily, as the Doctor and I went over to the stage, leaving Rose a bit behind us near the entrance of the room.

"Did you see where that came from...?" The Doctor asked the person on stage.

"The wag reveals themselves, do they...?" The one on stage asked the Doctor and I. "I trust you're satisfied, Sir! Ma'am!"

"Oi, leave her alone...!" I heard Rose suddenly yell out. My gaze fixed on where her's was at. An elderly woman seemed to have fainted and these two others just picked her up as they took her away. "Doctor! I'll get them." Rose stated as she looked at the two fleeing with the woman.

"Be careful!" The Doctor told her before he turned his attention back to the fancily dressed man on stage. This was most likely his show that got ruined...no wonder he was in such a sour mood. I watched as Rose raced after the duo while the Doctor climbed up on stage. "Did it say anything...?" The Doctor questioned the man while I climbed up onto the stage as well, trying not to aggravate my burn. "Can it speak? I'm the Doctor, by the way." The Doctor then motioned towards me as I stood beside him. "And this is Emily."

"Doctor...?" The man on stage asked him. "You look more like a navvy."

"Oh...him...?" I asked the man on stage, referring to the Doctor. "He's not a construction worker, he just likes dressing like one."

"And accompanied by such a delicate beauty such as yourself?" The man on stage asked me, which made me blush at his words. The Doctor didn't like that...if the look on his face was anything to go by.

"I don't see the problem with my jumper." The Doctor told us, pulling on his jumper as if to straighten it.

"And that's the problem, sweetie." I told him as I placed my arm around his shoulder. Even though I liked the man on stage calling me beautiful...it just didn't sit right with me...so I tried to make myself look like I wasn't available for anybody.

"Oh, I didn't realize she was your wife." The man on stage told the Doctor.

"She isn't." The Doctor told him, his eyes showed a little pain at his words...but it seemed as only I could pick up on it.