XXXVI: Intruder

"Doctor...!" I yelled out, my voice echoed down the halls, as I ran. "Doctor...! You back yet...?!" I came to a stop at the end of the hallway, the opening to the control room, as I placed a hand against the wall...the doorframe...if only there was one. My eyes quickly scanned the room. He wasn't in here...in the Tardis at all. He would've came running, if he was, as I called his name. I walked over to the console before I looked at the monitor. I was careful not to hit anything...I didn't want another solo adventure...not that the last one was a solo adventure...it only started off that way.

On the monitor showed alien trees, lush alien trees, in colours ranging from green to pink to red and orange. It looked like a tropical paradise...but I didn't dare to leave the Tardis. Not only would the Doctor not know where I was if I did...but I have no Earthly idea where I was.... Well...I knew one thing...it wasn't Earth. It didn't match up with the Earth I knew...not even the concepts of what it could've possibly have looked like hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of years before Humans first inhabited the Earth.

A knocking on the Tardis door drew my attention to them. Nope...no, no, no.... I told myself as soon as I heard the knocking. Sure it could've been the Doctor but if it was him, he'd have the keys and wouldn't need to knock. I then heard the knocking once more. I went to one of the hallways and stood behind the arch frame, the wall mostly blocking me from view as I peaked my head around the corner.

I quickly dug my hand into my bra as I pulled my sonic out of the pocket in it. Yes...I had put a small pocket on the inside of my bra and yes...my sonic was in it. It was somewhere to put it other than inside my bag. Now...I wouldn't put my sonic in my bra out on adventures but I had put it in there last night before I went to bed...to keep it close to me incase I somehow needed it.

As I peered around the wall, I noticed as the Tardis door opened up and someone walked inside. It was a girl, a woman, wearing a messy white shirt, blue trousers, and a blue jean jacket. Her hair was a shoulder length red-blonde with corkscrew like curls, and her eyes were a grey-green. She looked around the room, somehow missing me, before she came into the Tardis.

"Is anybody here...?" She called out as she shut the door before she looked over the room once more. "My...so different...so young." The Tardis seemed to make a satisfied noise at her words. "Oh don't mind me." She seemed to talk to the Tardis as she walked over to the console. "I'll make sure you're back before he even notices you're gone."

"H-hey...!" I yelled out just as she got to the console. I pointed my sonic at her as I came out of my hiding place. God.... I told myself. Here I am confronting a stranger, an intruder, barefoot with only a nightie on. "W-who are you...? Step back from the console...!"

She quickly spun around from the console as she looked at me, slight surprise on her face. "My...you're young." She told me as she looked at me, more so my necklace and sonic. "Younger than I've ever seen you." Her face then held a look of sorrow.

"W-what...?" I asked her, shaking just a bit. Younger than she's ever seen me...? I asked myself. "W-who are you...?" I demanded her answer.

"Please tell me you know who I am...." She seemed to plead with me but from the look in her eyes...she somehow knew I didn't. That she was just hoping I did.

"I'm not gonna ask again." I told her, my voice a bit stern this time. "What are you doing here...? Who are you?"

"S-Emily...right...?" The girl seemed to ask me, somehow knowing my name. "Please put down your sonic."

"Answer my question." I demanded of her, not lowering it.

"River." She told me, her name. "I'm River Song...and I know who you are, Emily Evans. You're my best friend."