X: Early 22nd Century

"Try not to overload her mind, Sol." The Doctor told the copper haired girl.

"I'm only really saying what...well...you know." The copper haired girl, who I now knew as Sol, told the Doctor.

"We haft to find out why she's here. Why the Tardis brought her here of all places...." The Doctor stated, speaking more so towards Sol than to me. It felt like I wasn't even here with how he kept talking about me in third person. "Any ideas...?" He asked as he looked at Sol.

"Nope." Sol told the Doctor. "I can't-." She stopped herself as she looked at me, and I her. "I...I can't think of any reasons why at the moment...."

"Standing round here won't do us any good." The Doctor told us. "Won't find no answers. Sol and I thought that finding the emergency signal would help us get answers but as it turns out...just more questions."

"It does that, finding an earlier version of the Tardis." Sol told us as we started walking through the park, away from the Tardis...my Tardis. I had no idea where this Doctor's and Sol's Tardis was...probably nowhere near the Tardis I arrived in.

"So...what happens when we find out just why I'm here?" I asked the duo. "Just where is here...?" That question seemed to cause our small group to come to a stop.

Sol suddenly licked her finger and held it out to the breeze. "Earth, 22nd century. It's quite boring really...or at least it's supposed to be."

While Sol was talking, the Doctor seemed to be looking around the park before he ripped off a poster from a nearby tree. It wasn't just a normal poster, it was like a hologram which projected from a small metal box. "Seems to be some kind of poster. It's dated: August 19, 2126."

"2126...?" I asked them as I remembered what year Rose and I had left from: 2005. "121 years have passed on Earth than when I'd first gone with you."

"That's a long time, for Humans that is." Sol told me. "With their short lifetimes and what not."

"Humans...?" I asked her, a bit confused at her saying that so casually...at least before a thought came to my mind. "You look Human, like him...." I made a quick motion towards the Doctor, who was still examining the holo-poster. To think that they still use posters 100 years into the future. It's spectacular, mind boggling, astonishing...and just a bit crazy.... "You aren't Human...are you...?"

"Nope." Sol told me.

"But you look-." I told her, not quite wanting to finish my sentence.

"I look what? I look Human...?" Sol asked me. "Earth isn't the only planet with a species that looks like...us." She then grabbed my hand and placed it to her chest.

"That's impossible...." I stated as I felt the rythme from her heartbeat...heartbeats. It sounded as if she had....

"Humans, Earth Humans, have a single vascular system." Sol explained it to me. "Where as I have a binary vascular system, two hearts. We may look similar but...we aren't...not really."

"And what species are you...?" I suddenly found myself asking.

"You'll find out, Emily." Sol told me.

"How do you know my name...?" I asked her. "Wait...are you like him...? Have I met you before...just not yet...?"

"Something like that...." Sol told me as she dropped my hand. Her face held a frown which went away almost as soon as I had noticed it. As if she somehow knew I had been looking. She then went over to the Doctor, as she all of a sudden gained interest in what he was doing. I was beginning to feel like a third wheel....

"Emily...you coming...?" I heard the Doctor ask me as he pulled me from my thoughts.

"Coming...?" I asked them, wondering what we were doing now.

"Missing people." The Doctor told me. "Worth a check, they always are."

"Uh...yeah...." I told him as I joined the two as we walked through the park and towards the city. "Um...what exactly are we looking for...? Do you know...?"

"No clue." Sol told me as the Doctor seemed to use his a small cylinder shaped device, similar to the one my Doctor has, to what looked like to scan the area. "Anything...?" Sol asked him as he seemed to look at his strange device.

I grabbed hold of Sol's arm as I pulled her over to me. She didn't seem to mind, she just looked a bit surprised that I had done that...or was she...? She was hard to read. "What exactly is that thing...?" I asked her as I referred to the cylinder shaped thing that the Doctor was using.

"What thing...?" The Doctor asked, obviously hearing what I had asked Sol. Only for Sol to stare directly at the cylinder the Doctor still held onto. "Oh...wait...you don't know...? Of course you don't know...I've never really had to explain it to you.... You've just known...nearly right from the start unless...oh...this was when you found out...wasn't it...?" He seemed to ask to no one in particular.

"It's a sonic screwdriver." Sol told me.

"Sonic what...?" I asked her, a bit confused. "Screwdriver...? Who even looks at a screwdriver and thinks...why not make it sonic...? Wait...sonic as in sound...? That makes it make even less sense now...!"

"It's useful, it has saved your life multiple of times before." The Doctor told me.

"Not yet." I pointed out to him. "I've only seen you use it to break into a shop and to jam the controls to a lift...wait...never mind...ok...only like one time then has it possibly saved my life."

"It is very useful though...." Sol told me before she seemed to go through a small purse strapped onto her belt, similar to mine, as she pulled out not one but two more of the metal cylinders or as she'd called them: sonic screwdrivers. "Although, mine do more than just break into locks or rummaging through computers." She then handed one out to me. "You don't haft to worry about batteries or anything really. It's solar powered, even the most dimmest of lights is enough to charge it."

The Doctor placed his hand on her arm, stopping her. "Are you sure...?" He asked Sol, to which Sol responded with her voice so low that I couldn't hear what she had said. Although, what she said seemed to make the Doctor take his hand off of hers, allowing her to give it to me.

I took the device and took a look at it. It looked a bit like a silver wand with red swirls around it and a button, a non sticking out not-even-in-the-slightest button, on the side and a small red gem at the end of the stick. The one Sol kept a hold on however looked nearly identical to mine but it's gem was golden and it had golden swirls instead of red ones which decorated the silver metal. Once I was done marveling the simplistic yet intricate design of the sonic Sol gave me, I placed it within the small bag I had on my own belt. Slightly surprised and yet slightly not that it had managed to fit perfectly inside the bag yet the bag didn't feel like the sonic was in there...it didn't feel empty either. It was a bit bizarre...a little bit strange even.

~~~

Word Count: 1269