XLI: Alien Spaceship

Jackie and Rose was in the kitchen talking, the cop had left, and the Doctor sat on a couch as he nursed his wound. I gave him a pack of ice as I pressed it against his cheek. Rose and Jackie seemed to be talking about how we had only called her once to say that we were fine and then just vanished off the face of the Earth for a whole year. To be fair...we didn't mean to come back this late. I looked at the Doctor...it is all his fault...he's a rubbish driver...always have been.... I seemed to vaguely remember different hims as they flew a Tardis, the Tardis...every single one of them...completely and utterly rubbish.

"I see where you get your punches from." The Doctor seemed to tell me, pulling me from my thoughts.

I blinked a few times as I looked around the room, as if just realizing I was back at the flat. "W-where...." I started to speak to stop myself as I looked around.

"Emily...?" The Doctor seemed to ask me before he looked at my locket, a dim light just faded out as my mind seemed to lift out off the fog. "What's the matter...?"

"You're a rubbish driver...." I just told him, as if that answered his question. Which...in a way...it did...but...did it for him...?

"Really...?" The Doctor asked me. "That's all you got...?"

"Sol wouldn't have got us here late." I just seemed to tell him.

"Oh really...?" He seemed to ask me. "Bet."

"A bet you'll lose." I seemed to tell him.

"Luckily Sol isn't here." The Doctor told me.

I just glared at him. Sol could be here right this second and he knew it...if only I could open this stupid locket...! Then we'll see....

~~~

Rose and I sat up on the roof of the buildings while the Doctor stood beside us, on a lower level as he leaned against the wall that lead up to the level Rose and I sat on. "I wish I could tell her everything." Rose seemed to complain. "Tell her we haven't been gone a year...that it's only been a couple days for up...tops."

"She wouldn't believe us." I told Rose. It was a bad idea, telling Jackie the truth. I had no idea how she'd react...not good...I seemed to know.

"We could make her, show her." Rose told me and the Doctor. "Show her the Tardis, make her see."

"Bad idea." The Doctor told her.

"Rose, if we tell her...she'll just be more worried." I told Rose. "Way more than you just going missing and leaving stuff out."

Rose took a deep breath. "You're right...." She seemed to realize before she looked at the Doctor. "We missed a year...? Was it good...?"

"Middling." The Doctor just stated.

"You're so useless...." Rose told him in response to his answer.

"He got us here in one piece." I told her.

"Point taken." Rose replied.

"And it wasn't easy." The Doctor stated before he looked at me. "Not with this one."

"H-hey...!" I told him, getting offended by what he said.

"Well...if it's troubling you this much, are you gonna stay here now...?" The Doctor asked, his attention only set on Rose. As if he knew that I wouldn't let him leave without me...and a part of me knew that he didn't want to leave without me.

"I don't know." Rose seemed to be seriously debating her answer. "Can't do that to her again."

"Well...she's not coming with us." The Doctor told her, obviously remembering how Jackie had slapped him.