XXI: The End of the World...Again

~~~Emily Evans~~~

I groaned as I woke up, instantly placing my hand to my head. Why do I have a massive headache.... I seemed to complain. Wait...what was I doing...? I opened an eye, then another, before I looked around the room. I was in my bedroom, on the Tardis...on top of the covers. I seemed to be in a completely different outfit as well.

I now wore a sleeveless white mini dress, black leggings, a black leather crop top like jacket, and some combat boots. There was a black with silver jeweled belt around my waist, and on it laid my black bag. It seemed as though my jacket and boots were the only thing not changed but I knew that they had've been changed...they weren't dirty.

I didn't remember changing. How did I even get here...? I definitely didn't remember walking here. Then my memories seemed to come flooding back, some clearer than others.

The Tardis has taken me to the early 22nd century...I couldn't remember when exactly. There, I met another version of the Doctor, although his face seems to be slightly blurred out. I also met a girl, one I couldn't quite seem to remember. I knew she had red-brown hair and grey eyes...or were they silver...? I just couldn't seem to picture her, to make her image appear in my mind yet I could hear her name as clear as a bell...Sol.

I knew I spent most of my time there with her, so why couldn't I picture her in my mind...? I remember going to the park, skating on a type of hovering skates. The rest was a blur, I knew I had gotten myself kidnapped but that was just it...I couldn't recall it...not one bit. It was like someone telling you what you did from a time before you remember. You can picture yourself doing it but...it's not a memory...not really. Then...and then I was here...in my bed.

"Oh...!" I seemed to exclaim in alarm as I left my room, I headed towards the console room. He's so gonna kill me.... I seemed to tell myself as I raced there. Although, I felt relief as it flooded through me. For on the monitor, I could see that I was back on the space station...the one that the Doctor had taken both Rose and I to.

"Doctor...!" I seemed to call out, hoping that he was in here. "Doctor...!" I called his name once more, to no avail. If he was in here, he would've came as soon as I had called for him. So...he wasn't here. Why did my heart seem to drop at that...? I then placed my hand to my forehead as a memory seemed to play in my mind. He kissed me, not my Doctor but the future one. Why did my cheeks seem to burn and my stomach seemed to flutter. Although, I wasn't quite sure if that was butterflies or it just telling me I was hungry...starving.

I started to head towards the kitchen, or at least I hoped there was a kitchen, before I heard a knocking sound coming from the Tardis doors. I stopped in my tracks. Not again.... I told myself as I walked over towards them. But the Doctor is here, on this station...it could be him. With that, I opened up the doors...but it wasn't the Doctor. No, it was a blue skinned person dressed in a grey-ish uniform.

"Excuse me." They spoke, quite formally as soon as I had opened the doors. "But do you know that you aren't supposed to park here...?"

"Oh...I...uh...." I stumbled, not quite sure what to say to that.

"You are the owner of this quite advanced piece of technology." They stated as they looked inside the Tardis. "Are you not...?" There was a slight pause before they next spoke. "Why else would you be in there...?"

"Um...my friend owns it." I just blurted out. "I'm just a passenger."

"And do you know where your friend is by any chance...?" They asked.

"No." I just told them. "Probably looking around, he does that."

"If you'd follow me." They responded.

I stepped outside of the Tardis, shutting the door behind me as I hoped that it'd automatically just lock. As we walked, they spoke into a device, probably telling the one in charge of this place about me. After all, what else would they do...? Once they stopped speaking into their device did an announcement play throughout the space station.

"Would the owner of the blue box in private gallery 15 please report to the steward's office immediately." The announcement announced. "Guests are reminded that the use of teleportation devices is strictly prohibited under Peace Treaty 5.4/Cup/16. Thank you." It wasn't long after that did we stop just outside of the steward's office.

~~~

I stood next to the Doctor as maybe ten to twenty small blue dwarfs dressed from head to toe in black moved the Tardis through the halls. I could tell from the look on his face, he was not impressed...not at all.

"Oi, now, careful with that!" The Doctor seemed to tell the blue dwarfs. "Park it properly, no scratches." One of the blue dwarfs walked up to him before they gave him a ticket like piece of paper, only it didn't appear to be a ticket....

Not at all, as is read: 'have a nice day' in a strange font. With that, the Doctor pulled me down the hall, away from the blue dwarfs.

"Now...where've you been." He told me, more so demanded of me, as we walked down the hall. "What happened."

I just shook my head as I responded. "I don't really remember much." At that, we both stopped. He took his hands and placed them on my temples as he stared into my eyes. He suddenly released me as I felt light headed, only a bit.

~~~3rd POV~~~

The Doctor placed his hands along Emily's temple's as he stared into her eyes. He just had to know what she had been through...but he got nothing. It was as if there was a lock along her memories, one even Emily didn't even know about...but it wasn't the only one...wasn't even the second.

There was just something about this girl that intrigued him so much...such as why there was Circular Gallifreyan on the base of her locket and why couldn't he read it. He could see the letters, the words, but they just jumbled together in his mind. It was as if it was bound to a high grade physic filter, one even he couldn't seem to get past.

"What do you remember...?" He asked her after he pulled his hands back from her.

At that, something seemed to spark within Emily's mind. Without thinking, she reached into her bag and pulled out something...a folded piece of paper. She didn't know what it was as something told her not to open it, not to look at it, she only knew who it was for. Wordlessly, she handed it to the Doctor.

He took the paper from her hands and unfolded it, Emily didn't even try to peak at it...even though she wanted to. She could only see the Doctor's face as he read it...she couldn't tell if he was happy, sad, or relieved. He hid his emotions well...but the Doctor was none of these and yet all of them all at the same time.

After internally composing himself, he folded the paper back up and placed it in his pocket. He turned to face Emily, more so...her locket. The physic filter seemed to shift around it as he read it, it was a name. Sol Lunae. He very much wanted to open the locket to release her but...he couldn't...it wasn't yet time to.

The note had told him that he'd know when it would be time to open it...and right now...it wasn't. His hearts seemed to break as he looked at Emily, no, Sol....his beautiful, shimmering, sun.

~~~

Word Count: 1374