XLVI: Sol

I heard a bell chime as I noticed where we were. We were in a lift, and the doors were now just opening. My mind seemed to replay the most recent events...I was definitely in danger being here...and it didn't make me feel any better that all my energy seemed to be zapped away from me...which made a bit of sense considering that that energy spike should be killing me but.... I slowly brought one of my hands up to my face, a faint yellow glow seemed to run along my veins but this wasn't a feeling I was used to. My body is repairing itself even though it should be dying. So why wasn't it...?

On the other side of the lift's now opened door, I saw a green alien which roared in a feral surprise as it noticed me and the Doctor. "Hello!" I heard the Doctor say before he got out his sonic screw driver and used it to close the lift's doors. The Doctor seemed to bounce me up a little as he tried to get a better hold on me...he was holding me bridal style. I had just now noticed that...my head was swimming with a headache.

I squirmed in his hold, I didn't want to be held like this...this was how my Father had held me after he shot me and before he placed me in that torture device of a Chameleon Arch. "P-put me down." I told him, quite weakly.

"Can you even stand...?" He asked me, quite worriedly.

"I'll manage." I told him as I squirmed around once more. "J-Just...put me down...please." Once he saw the look in my eye, eyes, he did as I requested. I lightly swayed on my feet as he sat me down, every fiber of my body, my being, seemed to scream out in pain. That electricity sure did a number on me. I brought my hands closer to my chest as I felt a warm heat run across it. It was quite similar to the feeling right before our regeneration but something seemed a bit off. There were no wisps of yellow energy, the telltale sign of regeneration.

"You can't put that off forever you know." He told me, referring to our ability to regeneration.

"I...I don't think this is what that is." I told him, looking up at him. "As Emily, I was dying...dying from something I shouldn't have been dying from as a Time Lord."

"And then we restored you from Human to Time Lord." The Doctor told me, knowing what I had meant. "And now your body's trying to adjust to the change...constantly healing your injury."

Injury...that's what being electrocuted is like to a Time Lord...just an injury. It'll take far more electrical power to kill a Time Lord than what would kill a Human. However...one thing stuck out to me. The Doctor had gotten electrocuted as well...everyone in that room that had the name tags on had gotten electrocuted. He was already healed.

"How are you already healed...?" I asked him, referring to the fact the he was also electrocuted.

"I wasn't Human when I got electrocuted." The Doctor just simply told me as if that would explain it.

Which...it kind of did. My memories might have instantly came back but because of how tired I was before I got them back...my mind seemed a bit jet lagged and my body had seemingly used energy it didn't really have to revert back to it's original form. My original form...well...species. I wondered just what Rose would think about that.... Nothing good. I thought as I remembered how she was. There was a reason I didn't just tell her that as Emily, I was getting snippets of my memories back. She wouldn't know what to think. She might've thought I was simply making it up...or that it was due partially to my overreactive imagination. That would be her denial...or the denial of the Human race. They choose to not see something even if it is front and center in their view. Although...I didn't know how to explain it now...now it was too late. She'd be mad that I didn't tell her. But I didn't know how to tell her. How could you explain that you have memories of another world...? That through those memories I found out that I wasn't even Human...I was only turned into a Human. That I'm really a Time Lord from Gallifrey...Gallifrey.