XXXIX: Is this...?

We stayed in my room for a while, just sitting like that on the bed. He seemed sad when I got up, as if not wanting to let me go...yet he had to. "I'm starving." I told him to let him let me go. "I haven't eaten all day."

"And whose fault is that...?" The Doctor seemed to ask me.

"I was sick!" I told him, my voice a bit too harsh...which caused me to bite my tongue. "Sorry...." I told him, more so whispered, before I just ran out of the room and down the hall. The hallway seemed to shift and turn as I ran in a somewhat random direction. I just needed to put some distance between us, I stopped running when I got to the kitchen...not quite sure how I got there as I wasn't really running in the directions I knew to take to get there.

I noticed Rose sat at the table, eating a sandwich. "He finished checking you over...?" Rose seemed to ask me as I went into the cabinets and pulled out a plate, the bread, and a jar of peanut butter.

"For the moment." I told her as I made a peanut butter sandwich, also adding some cut up bananas in the center of it. I thought it was fine to not tell Rose about me being an alien as well...well...I'm not one...not yet.... The not yet part being the reason as why I'm not gonna tell Rose...as she doesn't need to know yet as nothing's changed...not physically.

"You seem to have your appetite back." Rose seemed to take note as I finished up making my sandwich. Once finished, I put the bread and peanut butter back where I got them before I went to sit at the table across from Rose.

"It's supposedly the medicine the Doctor gave me working." I told her before I went to take a bite of my sandwich. "So." I spoke in between bites, making sure no food was in my mouth when I spoke. "Tell me about the way you two came back to the Tardis." I told her, referring to their run inside.

"That...?" Rose asked me as she thought back. "The Doctor upset the locals."

"Sounds like him...." I told her, small smile on my lips as I spoke.

"He called them short, they don't like being called that by outsiders." Rose told me.

"Short...?" I asked her. "Just how short...? If they don't like the word."

"They were tiny, about two to three feet tall." Rose told me. "They were like cat people, humanoid with cat ears, whiskers, and a tail...they even had paws for hands and feet...paws with razor sharp nails. We eventually gained their trust, he accidentally got betrothed to the tribe leader's daughter."

"How do you even accidentally get betrothed...?" I asked her, confused and my heart seemed to ache as I thought about him possibly getting betrothed to another.

"Not knowing their customs." The Doctor's voice seemed to say as he entered the room. "Each species has their own customs...just theirs...was a bit stranger than most."

"How so...?" I asked, no demanded that he answer me.

"Apparently saving a female who's not already betrothed or married counts as asking for them to marry you." The Doctor told me.

"Save how...?" I asked, just a little bit jealous.

"From a snake like creature that seemed to be stalking her from a tree." The Doctor told me.

"He grabbed the snake and just tossed it I don't even know how far away." Rose told me, slightly giggling as she tried to contain her laughter. "It flew like a frisbee...!"

"Pretty far." The Doctor told her. "What was I gonna let it do...? Eat her? Kill her? Nobody else even tried to help her."

"Was she cute...?" I asked him, wondering if she looked beautiful or not.