XXII: From The Other End Of The Line

~~~Emily Evans~~~

"Rose, are you in there...?" The Doctor asked before we entered the room.

It looked like a kind of observational deck, it was a room filled with stairs that lead down to an area where one could look out at the planet below us. Which I now realized was Earth, the sun was expanding...soon the Earth would be nothing but millions, in not trillions, of tiny rocks floating through space.

"Aye-aye." The Doctor stated, getting Rose's attention before he brought me forwards, to stand in front of him. "Look who I found."

"Emily...!" Rose exclaimed, excitedly as she stared at us. "Where were you...? What happened...?"

"That's not important right now." The Doctor told Rose as he took a seat on the stairs, a couple feet away from Rose. He then pulled me over to sit right beside him, to his left. "She's here, and unharmed at that." He then placed his arm around me, a somewhat strange thing to do...yet I found it comforting as I leaned my head against his chest. The pounding of his hearts seemed somewhat soothing.

"I suppose." Rose replied as she looked at me and then back out the window.

"Are you alright...?" I asked her, noticing that she was somewhat off as well.

"They're just so alien!" Rose replied, most likely talking about the others on the station. "The aliens are so alien."

"Not all aliens look like Humans." I replied, stating something I so clearly heard Sol tell me.

"How can you be so calm...?" Rose seemed to ask me, at that, I could almost feel as the Doctor looked down on me, questioningly.

"Where I went, when the Tardis disappeared." I told them. "I don't remember much but...there were Aliens there, all over the place and yet every looked sort of normal, completely normal...like a normal society."

"Where did you go...?" Rose asked me. "You had us worried sick."

"Don't you two already know...?" I asked them. I did call them, right after Rose blew up my phone with texts.

"What do you mean...?" The Doctor asked me, pulling away from me before he looked me in the eye. I felt a little taken aback by him suddenly leaving me like that but I knew he didn't just leave me. He wanted answers.

"D-Didn't...didn't you call me...?" I asked them, quite puzzled.

"Emily...we didn't call you." Rose told me.

"Sure you did." I told her before I pulled out my phone from the bag before I showed them all the missed calls and messages I had received from her, them.

The Doctor only sighed. "Not yet." He responded as he took my phone from me before he went through the panicked messages. Rose looked at the messages again.

"I don't get it." I heard Rose say, quite confused. "If we didn't call her until...um yet...why does the messages sound so panicked if we supposedly called her after she already came back...?"

"To keep up the time line." The Doctor replied. "Rose, phone."

"Wait...if we call her now, wouldn't it pick up her phone...?" Rose questioned him. "That phone." She pointed, as if to be specific.

"Not if I...." The Doctor stated as he popped out the SIM card, making my phone un-callable at the moment before he gave me the SIM card, keeping my phone. Most likely so that they could read the texts and send them so that no mistakes were made. It just made me wonder what happened the first time the texts were ever sent...or was time always like this...? "How panicked did we sound...? And could you hear yourself in the call...?"