VIII: A Quick Detour

As I left the Wardrobe room, fully changed into a completely different outfit in only a matter of minutes, I walked into the Tardis's control room. A small light lit up the floor, nearby me, before it seemed to travel to the center column of the room. I seemed to ignore it as I walked over to the doors, not wanting Rose or the Doctor to haft to wait on me for much longer.

However, just as I neared the now open Tardis doors, they slammed shut on me but not before I could see Rose and the Doctor having a conversation while they looked outside of a window on the space station which overlooked the Earth. The door slamming seemed to have drew their attention back towards the Tardis.

"Emily...!" I suddenly heard both Rose's and the Doctor's voice as they echoed through the Tardis's doors.

"N-nothing...!" I yelled back through the door as I tried to open it but it was locked. "Doctor...! The door...! It won't open...!"

"Hold on...!" The Doctor told me as I heard a key being inserted into the lock on the outside of the door. "She doesn't normally do this...! What'd you do...?!"

"Nothing...!" I blurted out through the door. "I just got changed and then walked back into the room...! I didn't touch anything...! I swear...!"

"She's not doing this for no reason...!" The Doctor then blurted out. "There has to be one...!"

"Doctor...?!" I called out once again as the Tardis started to shake, the same as it did when ever we traveled through time. "Doctor...!" I shouted yet again as I noticed a yellow light begin to glow, dimly, around my necklace. However, the second I blinked, it went away as if it'd never been there and my mind seemed to push any thoughts about it to the far reaches of my mind. "Doctor...! Help...!" I shouted once more before I ran over to the console. "Help me...." I stated to myself, so softly that I though it had been one of my thoughts.

"How'd he do it again...?" I asked myself as I began to place my hands on the console. However, the second I did, it pushed me away with a burst of energy and my mind became blanketed by a field of darkness.

~~~

When I came to, the Tardis wasn't shaking anymore. That was a good thing...right...? I asked myself as I got up from the floor before I dusted off any dirt I may or may not have gotten onto my clean clothes. But.... I looked around the Tardis, I was the only one here.... Here...where even is here...?

I slowly went over to the doors, only to hesitate. What if I was drifting in deep space...? Near a supernova, a black hole, even a sun wouldn't be that good. However, space wasn't the only issue. I could be on any planet, in any solar system, within any galaxy.... I could be thousands of feet in the air or miles below the ocean...I could even be in a volcano or stranded on a glacier in Antarctica...or on Mars for all I know....

Or...OR...I could be on the Earth...? I asked myself as I finally got the courage to open the Tardis's doors. I breathed a sound of reassurance as I realized that I was, in fact, on Earth. However, the year definitely didn't look the same as I watched someone walk by as they rode a skateboard, a wheel-less, floating, skateboard through an artificially forested park. The park looked both natural and like someone had designed the way the trees, flowers, even the shrubs would have grown. It looked like a scene from a sci-fi movie, metal constructs mixed with the beautiful, natural, flow of a woodland forest.

I quickly backed back into the Tardis. Not happening...so not happening.... I told myself as I shut the door before I sank down along the floor. Although, not only a second later did I hear a knock sound from the other side of the door, it was a rapid knock that lasted four times. I instantly got up, not quite knowing just who could've been on the other side of the door.

"Hello...!" I heard an unfamiliar voice on the other side of the door, it was a little annoyed. "Um...Doctor...? Open the door! You're not supposed to be here...! Oh, and I suppose neither am I but.... Is everything alright in there...? I'm only asking because I had the emergency alarm go off and that rarely ever goes off...at least for other people."

I debated wether I should open the door or not, an unfamiliar person was on the other end of the door yet they somehow sounded a bit unfamiliarly familiar. Their voice also ranged in tones from annoyed to concerned. I instantly moved away from the door and towards the console, loud metal footsteps seemed to echo mine along the floor. I then placed the Tardis's console in between the possibly unknown variable and myself as I heard a key jiggle in the lock on the door.

Did they really have a key...? I asked myself. Just who were they...? Or...my thoughts seemed to turn into a nightmare.... Or were they going to pick the lock...can you even pick the lock of a time traveling space ship...? It just seemed a little...uncomplicated, effortless, to...to easy....

"I hope you don't mind me letting myself in...!" I heard the voice say on the other end of the door as the key stopped it's jingling. Not a second later did the door open to reveal a brown haired, brown eyed, guy wearing a white shirt under a blue suit, equipped with a brown trench coat.

I slide down along the floor yet again as I tried to hide behind the console. I didn't want to make a sound, didn't want him to know I was here. I couldn't imagine if he was a friend or foe...at least just yet.

"Uh...Doctor...?" He asked once more as he knocked his hand along one of the rails which stood by the Tardis's doors. "Hello...? Anybody there...?"

I heard his footsteps as they walked over to the console before they sounded as if they were going to walk around it. I quickly got up and ran around to the other side of the console, parallel to him with the console between us. I looked at him once again, trying to gage if he was a threat or not. A brow arched up along his face as it made his confusion visible. He then tried to walk around the console towards me but every step he took towards me, I took another in the opposite direction. This caused us to travel round the console a couple of times before we both stood still as silence enveloped the room.

~~~

Word Count: 1163