Chapter 1

After so long, I'm finally heading back home. My degree is completed, bringing me one step closer to my dream. I've missed my family dearly—Mom, Dad, and Sakshi di.

I haven't been in touch with them properly due to my studies. Five years have flown by. Let me introduce myself.

Hi, I'm Mahi Rajpoot, from the Rajpoot Gharana of Rajasthan. I just completed my Bachelor's in Interior Architecture. It's always been my dream to be a successful interior designer. I once designed an entire house that made my father proud. Despite our rigorous culture, my father always supported my ambitions, while my courageous and strong mom has been my rock.

And then there's my lovely sister, Sakshi Rajpoot. She's like a goddess—so pretty and graceful. She's living her dream of being a teacher. She mentioned having surprises for me; I can't wait to find out.

Finally, arriving at my house, the gatekeeper welcomed me. My father is wealthy, not me. Stepping out of the car, the familiar breeze hit my face, reminding me of home. I saw Mom waiting with open arms and ran into her embrace.

"Mom," I said, hugging her.

"Meri Bacchi (my child)," she replied, showering me with kisses. "Where's Papa?" I asked, spotting him nearby.

"Right here," he said, embracing me. "How was your study?"

"I did it, Papa. The master's form will be out soon, and I'm filling it," I said, knowing I'd have to convince him.

"Let's see," he replied.

"Where's di?" I asked.

"She's in her room," Mom said.

Rushing upstairs, I found Sakshi lying on her bed. "Diii," I exclaimed, hugging her tightly.

"Mahii," she replied, giving me a peck. "I love you, my baby," she added, and I echoed the sentiment.

After freshening up, I headed downstairs for lunch, relishing the feeling of being back in my own space.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mahi didn't know that coming back home would bring a drastic change in her life. What would this change be?

Her life is about to take a 360-degree turn.

Keep reading to uncover the twists and turns in her journey.

Loads of love,

Yours,

ERICA <3