Chapter 37

Five years ago

SID. POV

I can't believe she left everything behind... I don't know where she is... it has been a month, and I have no clue about her... I have been in Jaisalmer only, taking care of her family and Sakshi...

Sakshi still wants to marry me, but now it's time to clear everything up with her... "Siddharth," I came out of my thoughts... "Yes, Sakshi," I said... She came to me with a puppy face... "See, as now I am fully recovered, we can marry, right?" she said... "Sakshiiii," "What Sid... what... Mahi gave a divorce to you... you are not even married now... she is okay too... then what's the problem?" Sakshi said... I showed her the divorce papers... "What... what is it... she signed it, right, and you also----" She took a pause... and then looked at me... "You didn't sign... you didn't sign these papers... what does it mean?" she asked... I just looked at her... "You love her... you love her, right?" she asked... "I nodded..." "When? How? You loved me, right?" she asked me... "I like you as a person... but when I lived with her... I fell in love with her... I know how love feels, I know what love is," I said... "Then why were you marrying me?" she asked...

"Because I thought that after marrying you, I was going to settle. Within time, we will fall in love... but no... the moments I had with Mahi and the way I feel around her, I have never felt in my life..." I said... She was silent... "I can't believe this," she said... "Does she also love you?" she asked... I nodded... She dropped her head down... "I am so sorry... I hurt her so much... and she is ready to divorce you just because of me," she said, crying... "I love her so much," she said... "Okay Sid... I get it... I am hurt, though, but for my sister... I am not going to marry you," she said... "Sakshi... I don't know where she is now... I miss her so much... and now I am thinking of going back to Delhi," I said... "Ya, ya, you can go," she said... I got up and started going out... "Sid... can I have a hug?" she said... She came up to me... I hugged her... she started crying... "I am sorry Sakshi..." I said... "No, don't... you just go... I will be okay," she said and went out.

I came back to Delhi... Vineet is trying his best to find out about her... her things are in place only... every moment is going around my mind... Mahi... please come back... please, I thought... I opened our pics... I wish we had met around some different circumstances... I wish she had met me earlier... I hope...

Now it's been a year, and still no clue about her... is she okay or not... where is she... I don't even know where to look for her... "Sid," I heard Vineet... "Yes, Vineet," I said... "Found her," he said... I immediately got up... "She is in Paris," he said... "How did you find out about her?" I said... "Well, I was on a call with Mr. Brad for some designing-related work, then he told me that he had recently recruited one Indian girl as an interior designer... I asked for the name, then he told me about Mahi," he said... "It means she is doing what she always wanted to do..." I said... "You wanted me to call her," he said... "No, let her do what she always wanted to... I'll wait for her," I said... "Till when?" he asked... "As long as it takes," I said.

A few months later...

Mahi's father called me to Jaisalmer... I don't know what the reason is... I reached her home... still remember when I saw her that day... Vineet was continuously tapping on her... at least I know she is okay now... "Hello Siddharth beta," her father said... "Namaste," I touched his feet... after having breakfast and everything... "Hey Sid," I looked back, it was Sakshi... "Hy, how are you?" I asked... "I am good," she said.

"Sid beta, any clue about Mahi?" her mom asked... "Yes, she is in Paris, doing what she always wanted to do..." I said... "She is always like this... always wanted to study and achieve what she always dreamed of," her father said... I nodded... "Uncle why did you call me here... what is it that you don't want to talk about on a phone call?" I asked... "Well Sid... beta we are looking for a groom for Sakshi... so any help with that?" he said... I looked at Sakshi... she smiled... "Well uncle surely I can help..." I said... "I have a few contacts. One is coming in the evening... we wanted them to meet you as Mahi's husband," her father said... I am so happy listening to this... "Of course, of course," I said... "So you are happy?" I said to Sakshi... "Yes... I wanted to say sorry to you and Mahi... just because of me she left," she said... "Don't worry... I know she will be back... she has to come back," I said.

It's been four years, and everything is settled... Sakshi's marriage is fixed. Her parents are looking for a suitable date... Vineet told me that Mahi had opened her venture. She is doing pretty well... I don't know how to call her back... I am breaking by each passing day...

"Sid you are drinking too much," Vineet said... "I want her, Vineet... I want my Mahi to be here... I miss her so much... so so much," I said drinking my whisky... "She will be back," Vineet said... "When... I don't think she is gonna be back... and I can't wait... I want to go... I will go to her talk to her and bring her back," I said getting up... "Sid Sidd," Vineet held me and made me sit on the chair... "Now I'll do... what I have to do," Vineet said... I don't have the energy to talk to him... I am miserable now... Mahi when are you coming back?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep Reading

Vote.Comment.Share

Your's

Erica <3