Chapter 35

Mahi pov

Finally, we arrived in India. Anay seemed so happy. We got out with our luggage, and the driver greeted us, "Hello, ma'am and sir... We are from MKS, and we will drop you at the hotel." I greeted them, and we hopped into the car. Despite being tired, I couldn't help but admire my country. It felt so good to be back. Our destination was the Trident Nariman Point Hotel, just in front of Marine Drive, one of the most iconic places in our country. I checked into my room and immediately went to sleep.

"Yes, Anay," I answered his call. "Mahi, don't you want to have dinner? Come," he said. I checked the time; it had been a while since I woke up. After freshening up, I went down. "You seem excited," I remarked to Anay. "Very excited," he replied. I smiled at him. "Mahi, tomorrow we are meeting with the client and owner," he informed me. "Hmm," I acknowledged while enjoying my Indian food. "Okay, I will get everything ready. You also finish your work, and then we'll go tomorrow," I said. Then we had our dinner, talking and gossiping about various things.

The next day, I got up, got ready, and wore my black bralette, black coat, and black pants. I took my sunglasses out and went out. "Wow, so beautiful," Anay commented. I smiled at him, "You are looking good too." We went out, and the same driver was there to pick us up. After half an hour, we reached our destination – a big office. "Dude, this is enormous," Anay exclaimed. "Control your excitement," I teased. "Hi, ma'am, I am Ruchi. I will assist you with everything," Ruchi greeted me. "Hi, I am Mahi Rajput," I introduced myself. "I know, ma'am. I have seen your work; it was amazing. Your designs were so good," Ruchi complimented. I smiled at her. "Ma'am, we can go. Mr. Saxena is waiting," Ruchi informed me. I paused for a second, taken aback by the mention of Saxena. I glanced at Anay. "What happened?" he asked. "Nothing," I replied and started moving. We reached the third floor, and the lift opened. As soon as it did, I saw a group of people standing in front of me. They were familiar faces. Vineet stood there, and in the middle, Siddharth was there. I got lost for a second; everything just slowed down. My heartbeat went up; he was there, only looking at me. "Hello, Siddharth Saxena, owner of MKS Enterprises," he introduced himself, extending his hand. I composed myself, "Hello, Mahi Rajput, interior designer, and Mr. Brad has sent me for this project." I shook his hand, trying to hide my emotions. He looked at me directly into my eyes. "And this is Anay, my partner," I said, withdrawing my hand. Inside, I was shivering; he had aged well and looked good. But no, Mahi, no, he had moved on.

Sid pov

"Sid... An interior designer that Mr. Brad has sent is coming here," Vineet said. "Okay, we'll meet them, then you can look into it," I said. We headed to the conference room; I was there mainly for the formality of welcoming them. The lift doors opened, and three people came out. One was Ruchi. The other... Wait, is she Mahi? The girl walking towards me seemed so familiar to Mahi. She paused for a second; now I knew she was Mahi. She removed her sunglasses. Oh no, she's back. She's finally back. She came towards me.

I kept my calm and extended my hand, introducing myself, "Hi, I'm Mahi Rajput, an interior designer, and Mr. Brad has sent me for this project," she said, shaking my hand. Shit, this is Mahi. Then she introduced her partner. Still, I couldn't stop looking at her. She has grown up so much, and she was in formal attire with a black coat and pants, looking beautiful as always with her minimal makeup. "Ma'am, you can wait inside. Sir will join you in a second," Ruchi said. Mahi looked at me for a second and then turned away. "Vineet, you knew?" I asked Vineet. He smiled; I punched him. "You knew I was about to hug her," I said. "Sid, I've seen you suffer these last five years, and when you said you needed a designer for your new office, I contacted Mr. Brad. He told me about Mahi, and she is one of the most exceptionally good designers, so I called her," he explained. I hugged him. "Thank you so much," I said and started going inside.

"Wait, where are you going? You said I am going to take this meeting ahead," Vineet teased. "Shut up," I said as we went inside. Mahi was there, drinking water. I couldn't believe she was in front of me. She was a full adult now, and I was seeing her after 5 years. I was so happy that she pursued what she always wanted to do. "Okay, let's start with the day," Vineet said and began the presentation. I sat in front of Mahi and looked at her. She looked back and then turned her face away. Well, she was trying to be more focused. "I think it should be wider, as it will be difficult for the employees to move around," she suggested. "Wow," I said. She looked at me again, and I got a glimpse of that day when we were getting married.

After the meeting, they both started to leave. "Mahii," I called her; she stopped. She said something to her partner, and he went away. "Yes?" she turned back. "Hey," I said in a soft voice. "How are you?" I asked. "I am good," she said. "How are you?" she asked. "Not good," I said. "Why?" she asked. "Because five years ago, somebody left me," I said. She made a face. "Does it matter? You are married now," she said. "Yes, I am," I confirmed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep Reading

Vote.Comment.Share

Your's

Erica <3