Chapter 29

I was shocked. "Mr. Saxena, it's not only about business. It's about my daughter too. I don't even know if Sakshi is ever going to get up. I don't want to take a risk with Mahi. She has already completed her studies. You are a decent family, Mr. Saxena. I believe she will be happy, and I will be satisfied that at least one of my daughters is settled. For Sakshi, we are here, and we are going to take care of her. It's just for Mahi. I don't want to take the risk," he said. "But uncle, what about Mahi?" I asked. "She will understand for sure. But are you ready?" He wondered. I am so confused... how could I do this to her? She has so many dreams... she will be broken; she doesn't even know what's going on here... But I think she will say no to this... Of course, she's gonna say no... "Okay, dad, I am ready," I said...

Later, I was curious to know what's going on. "Sid, you have to go there and say that you are ready for this marriage... Mahi is not prepared," dad said... I went to the room... Mahi was crying and all messed up. I can't see her like this. She doesn't even know what's happening... I heard she is shouting like crazy... she was continuously asking her father whether I am ready or not... I said yes... She looked at me astonished... Her eyes are blood red... she went away from there... "Sid, you both are gonna marry tomorrow; only Mr. Rajput wants it to be done tomorrow," mom said... I guess I don't have a choice now... I couldn't do anything for Sakshi, but now at least I can do something for her family... I nodded...

NEXT DAY

I was always on my nerves when Mahi shouted... Mom handed me my groom's clothes that I had to wear... I wore that... This is wrong... I went to Mahi's room... I heard her talking to her mother rudely... I know she's going through a lot... I went inside and saw her... she was wearing a red golden lehenga... Her mom left, and then she started shouting at me... I took her hand and started walking... she screamed at me, calling me a liar and whatnot... But I didn't hear a word...

I took her down with me and started with the marriage rituals... I can see she's lost and sad... Trust me, even though I do not like this... I don't even know when the marriage is done, and now Mahi is my wife. She's Mahi Saxena... what have I done... I thought... We went to a hotel... Vineet has booked two presidential suites for us... I went to Mahi to soothe her, but she again shouted at me and was very angry at me... of course, it's her right to do that... But sometimes it hurts when you have to hear so many things, and you are not like that kind of person at all... I shouted at her too... I shouldn't have; that's why I went to another room... I started drinking my whisky...

A few days later, we were at home... things between Mahi and me were stable... We are not living like proper husband and wife, but somehow her presence now matters to me... My mom is in total awe of her... I never thought she was so lively; that's what my mom told...

But being stupid, I did a blunder mistake again... I doubted her, that too because of just a random girl in my office... we had a massive fight between us... Of course, it's my mistake... I didn't even know that she bought those brownies for me... I have done so much to her, but still, she is so lovely to my family... And what I did... I think it's better if I stay away from her... It's been a month, and we are not talking... Although I know everything about how she's... Where she is... She affects me so much that I started stalking her on social media... Indeed, she is very ambitious... Now it's been three months, and we are not talking... But now it's like a routine for me to check her social media...

Then mom said that we have to live in the same room... This makes me happy... I started liking her a lot... she moved into my room... I made a separate space for her so that she can place her clothes too... now we are living together, and things started to fall back in place...

Present day

Mahi's POV

"And the rest of the thing you already knew," Sid said... I was numb... I don't know how to react... So it was all a business deal... I don't know what to say... I looked at him... "So you never loved Sakshi Di?" I asked... "I don't know what love feels like until now," he said... I couldn't believe what he had just said... he stood up and came to me... he was in front of me... "What?" I asked... "I said I didn't know what love is until now," he said, putting my hair strand behind my ear... "So does that mean you love me?" I asked... He nodded...

I don't know whether to feel happy or sad... Knowing all this, one thing is for sure, his intention was never wrong... It was our parents because of them we are in this situation... "I still can't believe this what happened... I was away working for a dream... And I don't even know what's going on with the family, Sakshi di..." I said... He hugged me... "I am sorry about Sakshi; I do like her as a person... I hope she will get better soon," he said... But what will happen on that day when she wakes up... What I am gonna answer her... What if she asks me to leave Siddharth... No, I don't wanna leave him... I love him... I do love him... He is my husband... I hugged him back... "I love you, Mahi," he said and kissed me on my forehead... "Can we stay here only?" I said... "Sure," he said... I looked up at him... He was continuously looking into my eyes, and then finally, we kissed...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep Reading

Vote.Comment.Share

Your's 

Erica <3