Chapter 18

Mahi p.o.v

Finally, all the guests are here. I wore my dress and came down. Siddharth is also standing with me. "Could you both just hold each other's hand, please, both of you... you are husband and wife in front of this world... you guys have to show like that," mom said and went. I looked at Siddharth. "Well, I think we don't have a choice," with this, he took out his hand. I firmly kept my hand on his. I got shivers in my whole body. I haven't touched him at all. Within time, a lot of family members started coming in. Siddharth and I went to the door. "Pa, meet her... Mahi, my beautiful daughter-in-law," mom said. He must be Siddhart's grandfather. I touched his feet (it's a sign of respect to the older ones). "God bless you, beta... stay happy always," I smiled at him. "Then... they are my mother and father," mom said. I was about to touch their feet, but they didn't let me. "Daughters, don't do it," they said. I smiled. Everyone had settled down. I am confused as no one is asking about Sakshi di. I went to the kitchen. "Mom, does anybody know about Sakshi di?" I asked. "Mahi, nobody knows about Sakshi at all. They just knew that Sid was getting married, but to whom that was a surprise for them. So basically, they didn't know anything, not even their name," mom said. "But why?" I asked. "Mahi, I will tell you everything later, right! As of now, there's too much work to do," she said. "Oh yes, totally," I said and went out.

"Hey, you are Mahi, right?" a tall girl said. "Hey, yes, I am Mahi," I said, smiling. "Well, I am Sid's cousin... Sana... nice to meet you," she said, smiling. She seemed to be sweet. "I was so looking forward to meeting you... and trust me, you are gorgeous," she said. "Thank you so much... and it's nice to meet you," I said. Then we talked a little. I saw Siddharth talking to everyone. He looked at me and raised his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes and went to the kitchen. "Hey, don't give me this attitude," I heard a voice. I know who he is. "Seriously, you want to fight now?" I said, making a face. Sid was behind me. "I am tired of this," I said. "Me too," he said. "Ohhhooo, you guys need some privacy," we both looked back. It was Siddharth's aunt. "No no, it's not like that," he said. I smiled awkwardly. "I have to go to the washroom," I said and went away. Oh god, is this going to happen.

Finally, after a whole day of meet and greet, we ate dinner, and everyone went to their rooms. Well, Sana got my room to stay in. I went to Sid's room. I changed into my night suit and lay on the bed. Siddharth also came. He removed his kurta. "Excuse me... I am here," I said. "Yes, so what... it's my room... if you have a problem, you can go out," he said. "I would rather close my eyes," I said and closed them. After a while, I sensed something was wrong. I opened my eyes and found Siddharth leaning on me. He was above me and looking at me. I couldn't say anything. He was so close. I looked into his eyes, then to his face. He was looking at me. Suddenly, the realization hit me that we both were saying nothing but just looking at each other. "What are you doing?" I said softly. "Well, you are my wife, we have been married for the last 4 months... I want to make love with you," he said coming closer. I moved my face away. "But I don't love you," I said. "Neither do I," he said and moved away. "I was just teasing you," he said. "Oh," I said. He looked at me. "Don't make this awkward, okay?!" He said. "I am not doing anything... you were the one who got on top of me," I said, hiding my laugh. I know he is embarrassed, but somewhere, I think there was a moment. What? A moment what I am thinking about. I saw him making his bed on the couch. He caught me looking at him. "Well, now you are happy," he said. I got up from my bed and went there. I threw my pillow on the couch. "You go sleep on your bed... I can manage here," I said. "Mahi, it's not an issue... you can sleep on the bed," he said. "NO," I said and lied down on the couch. "Mahiii," he touched my hand. He held it. I looked at him. I haven't asked him to remove his hand. "Please... sleep on the bed," he said softly. "Sleep or I will pick you up..." I don't know what happened. However, I insisted on being on the sofa. He was still holding my hand. I liked it. I lay fully on the couch, with his hand on my hand. Slowly, I felt a grip on my waist and within a second, I was in the air. "Still, you are not listening... sorry, have to do this," he said. "Drop me," I said. He dropped me on the bed. "Now you sleep," he said and went to the couch. He removed his t-shirt. I was constantly looking at him. He looked at me and gave a side smile. I faced in a different direction and tried to sleep. It was such a tiring day. I heard something. I looked at his side. He opened his laptop. "Are you going to work?" I said. "Yes... I have to," he said. He took out a glass of wine for himself. "You want it?" he said. "No, I am fine," I said. "Why are you not sleeping?" he said. "I just couldn't," I said. "Sleep," he said. "Why are you so pushy?" I said. He gave me a look and went into his laptop again. I tried to sleep, but i couldn't, i started using my phone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep Reading

Vote.Comment.Support

Your's

Erica <3