Chapter 2

After enjoying a delicious lunch, I finally retreated to my room, relishing the familiar comfort it provided. Opening the window, the pure breeze of Jaisalmer filled the room, inspiring me to redecorate the space.

"Mahi," I heard a voice behind me. It was Sakshi di.

"Di, what's up?" I asked, curious about her sudden appearance.

"I have something important to tell you," she said, a mix of excitement and apprehension in her tone.

"What is it?" I inquired, sensing the gravity of her words.

"Well, since you've been away, a lot has changed. I met someone in Delhi, and we fell in love," she confessed in a rush.

"Wait, what?" I exclaimed, my emotions swirling as I processed her news. Our father didn't approve of love marriages, especially across castes.

"I know Papa won't be happy about it," I said, concern creeping into my voice.

"That's what worries me," di replied, her expression reflecting her unease.

"What's his name? Can I see his picture?" I asked, trying to grasp the situation. "His name is Siddharth Saxena," she revealed, and my eyes widened as I connected the dots.

"Siddharth Saxena... Saxena," I repeated, realizing the potential complications. Di looked at me guiltily, aware of the challenges ahead.

"Sakshi, we need to go shopping. They're coming tomorrow evening to see you," Mom announced, entering the room.

"Who?" I asked, bewildered by the sudden turn of events. Mom looked surprised that Sakshi hadn't told me yet.

"Well, your sister is getting married soon," Mom revealed.

I stared at Sakshi in shock, only to realize she was teasing me. "You... I hate you," I exclaimed, both relieved and annoyed by the prank.

"So my jiju is Siddharth Saxena?" I asked excitedly. "Yes," she confirmed with a smile. "But how did you convince Papa?" I wondered aloud.

"I didn't. Sid did," she confessed, her happiness evident.

"When's the wedding?" I asked eagerly, realizing the limited time I had left with my sister.

"Next week. We have a lot of preparations to do," Mom chimed in, leaving us to process the news.

"I can't believe you're getting married," I said, hugging Sakshi tightly. She hugged me back, and in that moment, I wished her eternal happiness.

"I want you to be happy always," I whispered. "I know, my baby," she replied, kissing my cheeks.

As I absorbed the reality of her impending marriage, a mix of emotions flooded my heart.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

KEEP READING <3 

VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE 

YOUR'S 

ERICA <3