Chapter 6

Days pass by so fast; now there are only three days left until my sister's wedding. Everyone is busy here as today is the sangeet day. I am going to wear a yellow color lehenga. I can't believe that Sakshi di is getting married. I still remember in childhood she always talked about getting married and all, and now finally, the days are coming closer; she is going to be someone else. All is well; everything is normal between me and my so-called jiju. The thing is, we don't talk to each other; we just look at each other and give a fake smile and then move on with our lives. I just feel bad for the fact that I can't ask him for gifts...

"Mahi," mom called me. "Yes, Mom," I said. "Come here," she shouted. I went down. "What happened?" I asked. "Call Sakshi, where is she? She has to be here this time," mom said. "Chill, Mom, she is going to be here," I said. I called her, but she is not picking up the call. She has gone for her bride dress trial. I told her I would join her, but she said no. It's been two hours; she is still not here. I have to call Siddharth; maybe he knows.

I called him. "Hello." "Hey Siddha...umm jiju, I am Mahi," I said. "Who, Mahi?" he said. "Oh, come on, I am serious," I said furiously. "Okay, what happened?" he said. "Sakshi di is with you? It's been two hours; she is not home yet," I asked. "No, she is not with me," he said. "Well,"...

"Mahi, Mahi," I saw back; mom was coming towards me. I could see she is not okay. "What happened, Mom?" I asked. "Your father just called and told us to be there at RED CROSS Hospital immediately," she said worriedly. I couldn't understand why he called us to the hospital suddenly.

RED CROSS HOSPITAL

We reached there. I saw Siddharth and his father were also standing there. "What happened?" my mom asked my father. "SAKSHI met with an accident," my father said. "Whaaaaattttt...how, where, when?" I shouted. Tears started forming in my eyes. I ran inside and reached outside of the ICU where Sakshi di was laying in bed fully covered in bandages. I couldn't see her like this. I hugged my mother and cried like a baby. "What did the doctor say?" I asked my father. "Well, the doctor said that she is in a severe condition. They will operate on her, and then they will keep her in observation."

Time changes so fast. She was going to get married; she was so excited and happy. I looked at Siddharth; he was looking miserable. It's like he is controlling his emotions. I went to him. "Hey," I said. He looked at me. "I know that you want to control your emotions, but don't do that; she will be okay. I am here." I don't know why I said that. He looked at me. "Everything is gonna be okay. Don't cry; she is going to be okay," he said and went away.

"How did it happen?" I asked my father. "Well, Sakshi was on her way back home with the driver in a car, and the driver lost control of it, and eventually, the truck hit the car," he said sadly. "Don't worry, Papa, she is going to be okay," I said. I have to take care of my family. I have to take care of my mother and my father. I have to be there for them. I know Sakshi is gonna be okay. She has to be fine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Now there will be a twist

Stay tuned 

Lots of love

Erica <3