Chapter 28

Wedding time

We reached Jaisalmer, a beautiful city in Rajasthan. I met Sakshi. She is so excited about the marriage and everything. Even I am happy about it. She always wanted an intimate ceremony with her and my family only, so it's gonna be a small wedding... Tomorrow we are visiting her house. She told me her sister is also coming and she's gonna surprise her. Well, it's gonna be a big surprise for her sister...

I went to the mall the next day for some shopping. There I met Sakshi and her mom. I greeted her mom. "What are you doing here?" Sakshi asked. "Came here to meet you," I said; she blushed and told me to stop it, hinting towards her mom. "Well, you continue with shopping. I am going; I have some work," I said. She nodded. I was going out when I heard a voice. "Oh well, well..." I saw, and it was Alisha. Alisha is one of my dad's friends' daughters. She has been obsessed with me since childhood. I said no to her when she asked for marriage. I never got good vibes from her. "What do you want?" I asked. "Nothing, just wondering what you are doing here," she said. "None of your business," I said and turned over. Then she held my wrist. "Alisha!" I shouted. I removed her hand from me. The next moment she accused me of touching her, although everyone noticed what she was doing. And I lost control. Then suddenly a girl came, and she shouted at me for treating a woman like this. Well, she doesn't know the whole story. I told her to not interfere and went away.

God, it's so frustrating. "Vineet, I want you to check what Alisha is doing here. Is she stalking me down or something? Figure it out and let me know," I said. "For sure," he said. "And when are you coming?" I asked. "In a few days," he said. "Vineet, your brother is getting married," I said. "I know. I am not gonna miss it for sure," he said. "Good," I said and kept the phone.

At Evening

My mom and dad are heading towards Sakshi's home. "I can't wait to meet her," mom said. "I can't believe my only child is getting married," she said, getting emotional. "Mom, today we are just meeting, that's it," I said. "Whatever, in a few days, you are gonna get married," she said. I nodded.

We reached her house. I stepped down from the car. Wow... I was astonished by how her home was designed. "So unique and beautiful," I said. "I know, son, even I am shocked," dad said. We went inside. Her parents welcomed us. I was so lost with the interior design too. It was so beautiful that I didn't pay attention to any of what they were talking about. "Where is Sakshi?" mom said, and I got out of my thoughts. "She is just coming," her mom said, and there she was. I looked at her, but she was not alone. Somebody was there on her side, and I looked at her. She looked at me and froze. I immediately realized she was the same girl who shouted at me in the morning because I was shouting at Alisha. Oh, she is Mahi, Sakshi's sister. I guess she realized it too. I so wanted to laugh hard seeing her face. Then they came down, and she sat in front of me. I looked at her and Sakshi; she introduced us. Wow, that's such a huge difference between her and Sakshi. I thought. Sakshi is so sweet. She... I can't believe there was a time when I was so attracted to her without even looking at her just because of her achievement. But in reality, she is just irritating.

That night, I gave a lesson to Sakshi's sister Mahi. I can sense she doesn't like me, and neither do I like her.

A few days later

Such an unfortunate day... Sakshi's father called me in the evening to inform me that Sakshi met with an accident. I was shocked. I got tears in my eyes. I reached the hospital. After an hour, Mahi and her mom were also there. I saw Mahi crying like this for the first time. I was numb. I don't know how to feel. Seeing Sakshi like this... It's paining...

The next day, the doctor informed us that her condition was critical as she moved into a coma. I can't even imagine what her family is going through...

A few days later, Sakshi moved to her home, and she's still in a coma. My dad will be meeting her father. We went home there. I went to Sakshi; she was lying there. Seeing her like this... I couldn't control myself and went out.

"Uncle, I think we should postpone the marriage. I will wait for Sakshi to get better," I said. "I know beta. But the doctor said that they don't even know when she will be out of coma. Till when you will be gonna wait?" her father said. I was silent; I don't know what to say.

"Mr. Rajput, I am shaken by what happened with Sakshi, but as the doctor said, her life is not in danger. So you don't worry, she will be better soon," dad said.

"I just hope," he said. I hugged her father. "What about the joint business?" her father said. "We will continue it when she gets better," I said. "But Sid, the deal that Mr. Rajput and I were going to crack, it will be happening next week. We thought that if they see that we are related and we can create a great shot for them, it will be a huge benefit for us," my father said. "Yeah, we can still crack that. We will say that we are friends," I said. "Do you think others are not gonna try that?" My father said. "I agree. If we lost that deal, it would be a huge loss for me and for you also," her father said. "So what I am supposed to do. Should I marry? Sakshi is in this state only," I asked, irritated. "No, I have another idea," my father said. "What?" her father asked. "You can let Sid marry your younger daughter, Mahi," he said. What did I just hear? I looked at her father; he looked shocked too. No, no, no, no, no, no... I looked at my father again. "Mr. Saxena, what are you talking about?" her father said. "Dad," I said. "Mr. Rajput, I know you are smart. Think about it. I will not pressurize you. It's just my suggestion," Dad said. I was shocked. Mr. Rajput, without saying any word, went out.

"Dad, what on earth were you saying?" I shouted almost. "Sid, what's wrong with this?" "Dad, it's my life, not a joke. You said to marry Sakshi; I was ready for it. Still, now this? No dad, that's wrong..." I said. "Sid, first of all, I didn't force you to marry Sakshi; that was your choice, and you were the one who proposed to her and said yes to marriage," Dad said. "Yes, I said yes, but that was a totally different situation. I met Sakshi, I talked to her, I know her, I took my time, and in the end, she loves me," I said. "Do you love her?" Dad said. I was speechless. I like her for sure, but love, I don't know what love even feels like. "I like her for sure," I said. "Sid, we don't even know when she's gonna get up," Dad said. "Dad, what about Mahi? She is clueless about this. She didn't even get ready to marry me," I told. "Then that's upon them. First let's wait for what Mr. Rajput has to say," Dad said.

"I am ready," we both looked back... There was Mr. Rajput...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's getting even more intriguing as every chapter unfolds a new mystery, enticing you to keep diving in for the twists and turns. Your engagement through voting, commenting, and sharing your thoughts adds depth to the narrative. Let's unravel this story together and discover where it leads. Join me in this captivating journey of exploration and imagination!

Yours truly,

Erica <3