Chapter 22

Mahi pov

"Oh, shit... why did I ask that?" He looked at me briefly. "Actually..."

"Hey, are you both out here?" We both turned back; it was Sana. "Hey," I said.

"Hey, Mahi... are you okay? You drank a lot," she said.

"Yes, yes, I am," I said. No, I'm not okay. My mind is spinning. I tried to walk, but I tripped. "Mahii," Sid held me. Oh, fuck, I am drunk.

Sid's POV:

"Sana, I'm taking her home... tell everyone she's not feeling well," I said.

"Okay, okay, I will... you take care of her," she said. I knew this was going to happen. I don't know why she's so stubborn. I already feel so heavy with the way she was crying. It feels like she has no one. "I have no one in my life," she said softly. Oh, god, she's having a bad trip. "I am alone," she said. I called the driver, and we both sat in the car. I held her from my side, and she rested her head on my chest. "I have no one," she mumbled. "You have Mahi, your parents, Sakshi," I said. "No, they are not mine," she said, pissed. "Mahi, I am with you," I said. "I don't believe it," she said. She got up and looked at me. Oh, god, she's pretty. Although her makeup was all messed up, she still looked so pretty. "Say it again," she said. "You are pretty," I said. "What? I was saying, 'I am alone,'" she said, making a baby face. Thank god she's drunk... why did I just say that? "I said you have me," I said. She smiled with her eyes closed. She's cute as well. "Thank you," she said and rested her head on my chest again. "You liked the brownie?" she asked. "Yeah, I liked it a lot," I said. "Thanks," she said. She kept her head on my lap, and she lay down fully in the car. She opened her eyes and looked at me. We had eye contact for a brief time. "What?" I asked. "Nothing, I am just wondering why there are two of you," she said. Oh, god, she's buzzing.

Finally, we reached home. I held Mahi from the side. "I can't walk, these heels are painful," she said. "In that case, I have to pick you up... can I?" She said nothing. She tripped again. Now I picked her up and started walking towards my room. I put her on the bed. She needs to change her clothes. Shit, the maids are on leave. "Mahi," "Hmmmmmm," "you need to change," I said. "But I don't wanna," she said and got up. "Where are you going?" I asked. She got up and went to the balcony. She took the wipes from the table and wiped her makeup, opened her hair. "Now this is me," she said. "Am I still pretty?" she asked. How would I say she's prettier without makeup? "Yes, you are," I said. She smiled. She looked at the sky. "My life has changed," she said. I didn't reply. I let her open up. "I don't know why all this happened... but now, I am thrilled that I found a good friend in you," she said. I felt so good hearing this. "Thank you for being there for me," she said and tripped again. I held her. Now she was way too close to me, like an inch away. "You look good today," she said. "Mahi, now you have to sleep," I said and picked her up. "No, I don't want to," she protested. I didn't listen to her at all. I put her on the bed, removed my clothes, and she again tried getting up. Now I had to make her sleep. I held her and made her lie down on the bed, and I sat on the bed. "Mahi, please sleep," she put her head on my chest. "Okay," she obeyed like a little baby. I took her earrings out because I think they are heavy. I looked at her. I think she's asleep. "Mahiiii," there was no reply. I thought about everything, how life has changed, how everything changed. I looked at Mahi. She looked like an angel. But why am I feeling all this? I don't know what came over me. I kissed her forehead. Fuck, what did I just do? She's still fast asleep. Oh, I shouldn't have done that. I made her comfortable on the bed and got up. I changed my clothes, got a whiskey for myself, and again opened her social media on my laptop and started surfing through her pics. Why am I doing this? I closed the laptop and went to the balcony. What's happening to you, Siddharth? "No, you shouldn't have done this... Why, why?" I heard a voice, and I went back and saw Mahi. She's an angel, so beautiful in that red dress. Did she know that red is my favorite color? When I met her at her home that day, she was wearing red. I thought, why am I getting these thoughts? "Mmmm," she made a sound. Oh, sleeptalks... I smiled within myself. And she's mine. No, no, I have to help her achieve all her dreams. I went up to her, held her hand. "I promise," I said softly. She grabbed my hand a little. I took it out and went to my bed.

Mahi's POV:

I can't open my eyes. Oh, shit, is it morning? I finally opened my eyes, and yes, it is morning. What!? I was at dinner... when did I come back? I am wearing the red dress, my hair is open, my makeup is gone... oh, fuck, this headache. "Here," I looked, and there was Siddharth with a glass. "I am thirsty, and this headache," I said. "Yes, that's why... lemon water for you. Drink it, it will help," he said. I took a sip. Oh, I felt like heaven. I drank it in one go. "What's the time?" I asked. "It's 2 pm," he said. What?! 2 pm???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep Reading

Vote.Comment.Share

Your's 

Erica <3