Chapter 20

Mahi pov

We went out... "Let's go for a drive," he said. I sat in the car... we had been driving for a few minutes. "So, what do you want to talk about?" I asked. "Well, Mahi... I want to say... firstly, I haven't talked to you in these four months... I know we have a lot of differences... I know a lot has happened to you... you got married against your will... you have to leave your dreams... but now... since we are married... we have to be good to each other... at least we can try... I am sorry for all the things that I have done... now we both are in this together and we have to face this... let's be good to each other... I am only asking for this..." He said and looked at me. Well, it's a lot he has said and I need to process it. I looked at him. "Well, giving it a thought, I think I can be good to you," I said. He is right, somewhere I have to accept this life... "Well, cool then... friends?" He asked, giving me his hand... "friends," I said. "I am sorry too for what I have said... I was very pissed at that time..." I said. "It's okay... it's your right to be pissed at me," he said. I can't believe we had such a good conversation... I looked at him... he looked at me too and smiled. "Ice cream?" He asked... "Yes," I said... he parked the car near the ice cream stall... went out... he came back with two ice creams... he gave me one... it's strawberry... how did he know my favorite is strawberry... "How did you know?"... I asked... "What?" he said, unwrapping his ice cream... "that my favorite is strawberry"... he stopped for a second... "well, I just guessed," he said... "Hmm... Okayy," I said... he silently ate his ice cream... I am still not convinced with his answer though... there's something more... I thought... we went back home... "now we have to hold hands," he said... I held his hand and we entered... "oh look, here they are... back from their cute date..." we both smiled... Everyone chatted with each other...

A few days went like this only with everyone spending time with each other... I and Sid are on cordial terms now... at least we can tolerate each other now... I sleep on the bed only and he is on the couch... I kinda like this now... his family makes me feel very comfortable... "Mahi, get ready... we all are going for dinner outside," mom said... "oh outside... but mom, what should I wear?" I asked... "anything you wish," she said... I went to the room and opened the wardrobe... I was so confused about what to wear... "Are you looking for something?" I saw Sid was there... "yeah actually mom said we are going for dinner... so just looking at what to wear," I said... I started going through my dresses and all the things... "well, I have something for you," he said... I looked at him, shocked... "I mean, mom has given me to give you," he said... "oh what is it?" I said... he went to his closet and brought a big box to me... I opened it and there was a beautiful red dress... wow... I thought looking at it... "mom gave this?" I asked... "yea yeah... so you can wear this," he said... "umm then problem solved," I said... I went to the washroom to get fresh...

Sid's POV:

Well, since she got to know I stalked her profile... I have to make things cordial with her... we are going good as of now... I can see the happiness in her eyes when she got that dress... at that day also she caught me that I knew her favorite flavor... well, I know everything about her... Vineet told me everything... I opened my MacBook and started working... "Sid," I heard my name... I really like when she calls me... "Yes," I said... "there's one problem..." she said... "what?"... "I forgot my undies... so I am coming out in a towel... close your eyes," she said... what... I thought... she was a kid... "okay..." I said... "are you sure? Close your eyes," she shouted... "okay okay"... I closed my eyes... I heard the door unlocking... I lightly opened my eyes... I saw her coming in the towel... and quickly grabbed her clothes and went inside... "you can open it..." she said... I already saw her in the towel... I laughed in my mind... ',ring ring' I got a call from Vineet... it is something related to work... I kept the call and came back to the room... she was sitting in front of the dressing table and doing makeup I guess?... "are you going to do makeup?" I asked... "yesss," she said... "but why you don't need it," I said... she looked at me... "I mean... it will spoil your skin," I said... "don't worry I am going to do very light makeup," she said... I got back to my work... after a few minutes... "Done," she said... I looked at her and oh good... she looks adorable in that red dress... She is indeed gorgeous... she did light makeup... but she's beautiful...

Mahi's POV:

He is continuously looking at me and not saying anything... "how am I looking?" I asked... "beautiful," he said. Ohh... "thanks," I said and turned around... he just said beautiful? Am I hearing it right? I looked at myself in the mirror and saw that I was smiling... why am I smiling... I said to myself... I looked at him; he was doing something in the closet... "what are you going to wear?" I asked... " grey suit," he said... I went over to his closet... I am pretty impressed with the collection he has... "wear the black one," I said... "really, why?" He said... "it will match my dress," I said... he looked at me... "I mean then everyone will think, like we are a couple, you know," he smiled... "I mean... mom will be happy and... and..." "okay okay I will wear it," he said smiling... "hey don't smile," I said... he laughed... "shut up don't embarrass me I said," "ook okay," he said still laughing... ugh I went out... After a while, he came... dude... he is looking good... "Let's go," he said... "Well, we'll look at you two... you both are looking so good..." Sana said... we looked at each other and smiled... "listen you both. I am pleased that you both are actually trying to like each other," mom whispered to us... "anything for you," I said... she hugged me... we all went out... "would you wanna come with me?" Sid said... "sure," I said... all gave smiles and went with each other... I am really liking this. ..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep Reading

Vote.Comment.Share

Your's

Erica <3