Chapter 17

After four months

Mahi p.o.v

It's been four months since that fight... we haven't spoken a single word to each other. He goes to the office, comes back, and stays in his room the whole day. Meanwhile, I have joined an online course for interior design. I also went to my home for a week. Sakshi di is still in a coma, there's been no improvement. Siddhart's mom took care of me like her daughter. I am lucky; at least this is the best thing that happened to me in these four months. We both not only didn't talk but also didn't look at each other. Sometimes it feels like I am single and staying at someone else's house.

"Mahi... come for lunch." I stood up and went to the dining table. I sat in my place, and mom was also sitting with me. "Radha, call Siddharth for lunch," mom said. I immediately looked at her. "Mom, you know that we don't talk to each other," I said. "Yes, I know... that's why I didn't say anything for the last 4 months... but this is important," she said. What is it?

Siddhart came; he saw me and started to go back. "Sid, come, it's important," mom said. "Mom, can we talk later?" he said. "NOWWWW!!!!" MOM said. He came and sat at the table. "Well, I wanted to talk to both of you..." she said. "About what, mom?" Siddharth said. "Our whole relatives are coming to meet Mahi, all the way from Canada, and your grandpa is also coming, and my mom and dad too," she said. "Okay, so what if they are coming?" Siddharth said. I was a bit confused too... how does that make sense? "So... you both have to stay in one room," she said.

"WHAT!!!!" We both said in unison. Mom looked at us weirdly. "See, I don't want to give them anything to gossip about, okay?" she said. "But mom, is there anything else we can do?" I said. "Nope... sorry, darling, but you both have to stay in one room, and that's an order," mom said. "Okay, so  for how many days?" I said. "Well, from today because guests are arriving soon, so  you guys have to do shifting firstly, the relatives will go to Siddhart's aunt's place after three days, but grandparents are gonna stay here for a month... so I guess for a month, you have to stay together," mom said. "FOR A MONTHHHH????!!!" we both said in unison again. "Yess, my children," mom said. We both looked at each other. Well, in these four months, it's the first time we made eye contact.

"Okay, Mom, so from when do we have to stay together?" Siddharth said. "From today," mom said. What? I can't believe it. Mom stood up and went to her room. I stood up too. "Can't believe I have to stay with a monster," I muttered under my breath. "What?" Siddharth said, looking at me. "Excuse me," I said. "Monster and me? Well, pack your bags and shift to my room," he said, getting up. "What, no," I said. "Haven't you heard what mom said?" he said. "No, what I mean is, you come to my room," I said. He chuckled. "Are you serious?" he said, smirking. "I have my office in my room... so you have to shift there," he said.

"Mommm..." Mom came out. "What happened?" she asked. "Sid is telling me to shift to his room," I said. "Yes, so? Go shift to that room only... that is more beautiful," mom said, tapping my back, and went to the kitchen. "Huh?" Siddhart looked at me. "Fine," I said. I went to my room. I packed all my clothes in a bag, and then I went to his room. I opened his room and was astonished to see how big his room was. My room was nothing compared to his.

"God, when will you stop giving me these guest feelings," I muttered. Looking around, I found a frame of him and Sakshi di. I moved my eyes from that. "Oh, you are already here," I saw Siddharth was there. "Well, you can keep your clothes here," he said while opening a wardrobe. There's a section; it seems like he already vacated it for me. I put my bag there and then I jumped on the bed. "Excuse me," Sid said. I looked back. "What?" I said. "That's my bed."

"So?" I said. "Well, I have arranged a bed for you already... you see that couch... You can change it into a bed... and then you can sleep there," he said. "Mommmmmm," I screamed. He looked at me. "What happened, are you okay?" she said. "He is telling me to sleep on that couch," I said, making a puppy face. "Sid, seriously? Is this how you're gonna treat your wife?" mom said. he got shocked and looked at me. "She is not..." he got quiet. "Okay, you can sleep on the bed," he said. Yes! I made myself comfortable on the bed. "Oh god," he said and went out.

After an hour, Mom told us to get ready as guests were coming. I was getting ready; I decided to wear a traditional pink dress. I went to the washroom for a quick bath. I opened the door and saw Siddharth in the shower.

"Aahhhhh" I screamed. "Uh, what?" he saw me. "WTF, Mahi, what are you doing?" he said, trying to cover his body with his hands. "I am so sorry, I didn't know you were here," I said, covering my eyes. "Oh god, now can you please go?" he said. I immediately got out. After a while, he came out with a towel wrapped around his waist, and his body was fully visible. God! That is one of the most excellent things my eyes have ever witnessed. Is this why Sakshi di has fallen in love with him? Because that's the only good thing he has.

"Liking what you're seeing?" I heard and immediately my eyes met with him. Oh shit, I didn't know I was staring at him. "There's nothing to like," I said and went to the bathroom. I heard him chuckling. It's so strange; for four months, we haven't seen each other's faces... and now, well, that's life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep Reading

Vote.Comment.Share

Your's

Erica <3