Chapter 19

Sid pov

She hasn't listened to me... I have told her so many times. I thought, sipping my wine. I looked at her; she was tossing here and there and doing something on her mobile, which reminded me of... I have taken out everything about her. There's this one guy who's in love with her; she's friends with him, but she knows he loves her. Is she talking to him? I thought. Why do I even bother whom she was talking to? I saw her texting again... Oh, she got an immediate reply. She took a pause for 2 or 3 seconds and started typing again. At this time, with whom she was talking...

"What are you doing?" I asked out of curiosity. She looked at me and showed her phone. "Trying to sleep... why?" She asked. "Nothing... stop using your phone and rest," I said. "Don't be like a parent; have I said to you stop working and sleep?" She said and got back to her phone. I looked at my laptop and tried to distract myself. I could see from my side-eye she's still replying to someone. I got the idea to check to whom she was talking.

I went up to her and snatched her phone. I immediately looked at her phone; it was someone named Sania. "What the actual f***," she said, getting up. "Give me my phone," she said and tried reaching out to my hand. "I told you to sleep," I said. She held my shoulders and tried to take it. I held it behind my back. "Why did you do this... give me," she shouted. "Promise me you'll sleep within 5 minutes," I said. "Promise now, give me," she said. I gave back her phone. I felt a slight relief. What had happened to me? "By the way, you can ask me directly also to whom I was talking," she said. Shit... how did she get to know? I looked back. She smirked. "Sleep," I said and went to the couch. I sat, and I saw her looking at me. She smiled. "Goodnight," she said, and she lay down. I went back to my work. I randomly opened her social media... I saw her profile. I can see images of different buildings and designs... of course... she is passionate about interior designing... I thought about a time when she came to the office with brownies... If I would have taken things calmly, things would have been different. "Sid... what about the report?" I checked my email. I got it from Vineet... fuck... I started working again.

Mahi's POV:

I know it's his tactic to check whom I was talking to... I looked at him before sleeping... I think he is working on his laptop... ping I got a notification... he liked my post... I looked at him again... he was stalking my account... I thought... whatever! I remember how badly we fought four months ago... I looked at him again slowly... he is typing something... I kept my mobile aside and tried to sleep... God knows what's in store for me...

Next day:

I woke up, and Sid was sleeping... I looked at him... he was sleeping peacefully on his couch... I went up to him... I saw a half-empty wine glass, and his laptop was opened... I opened his browser and saw my profile was opened... he was stalking me... I thought... I went to the washroom to get fresh... why was he stalking my account... I thought... "mahiiii" I heard him calling my name... "yesss" I said... "come here,"... what happened I thought... oh shit... I forgot to change the slide... shit... "wait a min," I said... I changed my clothes and went out... "what," I said... "did you touch my laptop?" Sid said... "nope," I said in one go... "why? What happened?" I said and started to go and see what was there on the laptop... "nn.noonno nothing," he shouted and jumped in front of me... "at least let me know what happened," I said... "no no no it's fine," he said... I know what's on the laptop... "ok," I smiled sheepishly... "c'mon, we have to get ready fast... today is something I don't know... just get ready," I said... he looked at me... "seriously, you didn't see anything right?" he said... "Nope," I said... he then started to go to the washroom... "well except for my photo in my profile," I said... he stopped, he looked at me... "you were peeking through my laptop... shiii... I am disgusted," he said. "hey, it's you who was stalking me... and I knew it last night only... you liked my pic at 2," I said... "what"... I showed him the notification... he patted his head... "now will you please go and get ready... stalker," I said... "hey, don't call me that," he said... I teased him with my tongue... "wow, so mature..." He said... I took out my clothes... I was wearing a green saree... "mahiiii" I heard him calling me... "what," I said... "can you please give me my towel?" he said... "where is it," I asked... "in my closet, second drawer,"... I opened his closet and drawer; trust me, there were so many towels... I took out the green one... then I saw some Polaroids... I took a quick glance at them... it's a picture from the di and jiju Roka ceremony... I saw Sakshi di so happy and I saw one image of us... I and Sakshi di were so pleased that day... "mahi,"... "yes yes coming," I closed the wardrobe and went to give his towel...

After an hour:

We finally reached downstairs... "so what's the plan for today mom?" Sid asked... "well as of now nothing... but yeah in the evening some more friends are going to come so we are gonna have some small kind of party... and uh remember... you guys will be the center of attention so please be nice to each other," mom said and went away... we both looked at each other... "listen I want to talk to you for a minute or so... so can we talk," Sid said... "yes, I mean," I said... "not here... let's go out," he said... I got shocked for a moment at what he wanted to talk about... "Mom... we are going out for some time; we will be back," he said... mom seemed to be so happy... "go goo," she said... "let's go."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep Reading

Vote.Comment.Share

your's

Erica <3