Chapter 3

Next Day

"Wake up, bachaa," I slowly opened my eyes. I saw Sakshi di juggling me. "Di, a little more sleep, please," I said with a pleading voice. "No, wake up. Go get fresh and eat something. We have a lot of things to do. We have to go shopping also," she said.

Listening to her, I finally woke up. I went and took a nice shower, wore my ethnic wear, and got ready for the day.

I came down for breakfast. "Sakshi, get ready; we are going shopping," Mom said. "And Mahi," I looked at her, "you will go to Sharma Uncle's house to take some things and then come join us in shopping. We have to come back fast; Siddharth's family is coming in the evening," Mom said.

"What? Jiju is coming?" I said excitedly. "Yes, and we have to rush now," Mom said.

I went to my room to get ready. Mom and di had already gone shopping. I had to go to Sharma Uncle's house.

Let me give you a brief about Sharma Uncle. He is our father's childhood friend and is like family. Since childhood, he has been there for us, helping me a lot. He made my father understand how essential it is for me to study, how vital it is for me to fulfill my dream, and I will be grateful to him forever for his support and care.

I went out, took out my scooty, and went to my uncle's house. I met him, took all the required things, and headed down to where my mum and sister were shopping.

I reached the mall where they were shopping. As I entered the mall, I saw a man talking very loudly to a girl, and as much as I looked at them, I couldn't bear it. I just went up to him.

"How could you talk to a woman like this? You don't have any manners; you don't have any shame, you don't have anything. How could you speak to her like this? How could you raise your voice?" I said to him, jerking him off from her. He stood in front of me. Shit, he is big; I couldn't see his eyes due to his sunglasses.

"Madam, if you don't know the matter, then please don't interrupt," he said.

"Even I don't have any interest in interrupting or knowing what's going on. I just saw that you are shouting at this woman, and that is wrong; that's why I am here because you don't have any right to yell at her like this," I said.

He glared at me and then came close to me. He removed his sunglasses and looked directly into my eyes.

"You are no one to tell me what to do and what not," he said, pointing his finger at me.

"Oh yeah, yes, I am no one, but I always take a stand for the right things," I said, pointing my finger at him. "You have no idea what you are doing," he said, looking into my eyes continuously.

"We will see about that. Now go from here," I said. He gave me a brief look and then left with a smirk. Such an asshole, I thought.

I went to the designer boutique. I am feeling pissed. Although now I am realizing maybe there's some other side to the story, but I did what I saw, and there's nothing wrong with that. With all this thinking, I entered the boutique.

"What happened, Mahi? Why do you look angry?" Sakshi di said.

"Nothing, I just met an ass," I said, controlling my anger.

"If you had come earlier, you would have met your jiju," she said.

"What? I missed meeting my jiju... Well, it's ok, I will meet him in the evening," I said.

We did some shopping; actually, not just some but we bought so many things. Then we went home as jiju and his family are coming to the house in the evening. Mom was busy with all the things, Sakshi di was busy getting ready, and I was lying on my bed doing my own work because I don't have any interest in getting dressed up or doing makeup. After all, I want to fulfill my dream; by thinking about all this, I don't know when I went to sleep.

In the Evening

"Mahi-mahi, wake up; everyone is here."

I heard Sakshi Di whispering to me. I immediately woke up.

"What, everyone is here?" I said, trying to shake off sleep.

"Yes, you have to take me down there. Come on, get ready fast," she said.

I immediately woke up, got out of bed, went to the bathroom, got ready, and wore a red kurta and black palazzo, combing my hair. When I looked at Sakshi di, my god, she looked like a goddess; she was wearing a blue Anarkali suit which suited her perfectly. She had done such beautiful makeup.

Mahi's Dress

Sakshi's dress

Sakshi's dress

"Blue looks lovely on you... you're looking so beautiful," I said, hugging her.

"Shut up and take me down," she stated, blushing.

I took her hand, and as we headed towards the hall, I saw a few people sitting with my mum and dad. As I scanned the room for my jiju, my eyes landed on a familiar face. Realization hit me—he's the same man I shouted at in the mall earlier.

No, no, no, this can't be true... I was numb and shocked.

"Oh no, he's my Jiju..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next chapter will be so much fun

KEEP READING <3

YOUR'S 

ERICA <3