Chapter 26

Mahi pov

He wants love from me... Did I hear that right? I wondered as I got ready. We were going for a long drive, or perhaps a long talk. "Are you ready?" he asked. "Yup," I replied.

I went out; it was 2 a.m. The moon cast its gentle glow over everything. I sat in the car as he started driving. "Do you want to eat something?" he asked. "How did you know I was hungry?" I wondered aloud. "I just know," he said. We stopped at a 24*7 store, and I picked up a few packets of chips.

He drove to a secluded area, a vast building with no one around. We went inside, and the guard greeted us. "Where are we going?" I asked. "Give me your hand," he said. He took my hand, and we went to the terrace. The view was mesmerizing, with the moonlight, city lights, and headlights of cars. "Shall I start?" he asked. I looked at him and nodded.

"So, nine months ago...

Nine Months Ago

Sid's POV:

"Vineet, what about that file... where is it?" I shouted. "Jeez, calm down, Sid... it must be here," he replied. I know I can trust him fully; he's always so particular about things. "Here, take it," he said. Finally, after a whole day at the office, I went out to DELICE to buy some brownies for myself and Mom.

"Can you please take these back? I don't have cash, and my net is not working," a girl said. I sensed that they were not willing to take it back. "Let me help you," I offered, taking out my card. "No, it's fine," she said. I looked at her. "They are not willing to take it back anyway, so you have to pay," I remarked. She didn't respond, continuously looking at me. I paid for her and took my brownies. "Thank you so much," she finally said. "No worries," I replied.

"Sakshi Rajput," she introduced herself, stretching out her hand. "Siddharth Saxena," I said. She smiled. She was beautiful. I went home, still having lots of work to do. I got a friend request from Sakshi Saxena. Oh, she stalked me, I thought. I accepted it. Immediately, I got a message from her, "Hey."

"That's quick," I thought and replied, "Hey."

"I wanted to thank you for today."

"It's fine, no big deal."

"I don't know what would have happened if you were not there."

"But I was there, right?"

"Yes, yes... well, I wanted to thank you in another way... so would you like to meet for a coffee?" she asked.

I gave it some thought and replied, "Sure."

The Next Day

We planned to meet at 6 in the evening at The Barista. I reached early. "Reached," I texted her. "Coming in 5," she replied. I sat at a table, waiting for her. After precisely 5 minutes, she came. Simple, beautiful, and humble. "Hey," she said. I smiled. "So, is this for thanks?" I asked. "Oh yes, yes... totally," she said.

After a Few Days

Although we had a good time together, we started to meet frequently. I knew somewhere that she was attracted to me, but I kind of liked her company.

I thought about this while eating dinner.

"Sid, have you thought about getting married?" Mom asked. "What?" I said, choking on my food. "Yeah, getting married... You are aging," she said. "So what? It's not like I have to get married anyway," I replied. "Sid, I want to talk to you about something important," Dad said. "Yes, Dad."

"Your mom is right. You should get married," Dad said. "And why is that?" I asked. "Because of this," he said, showing me a picture. I took a closer look... Oh no, that was Sakshi and me... damn.

"Come on," I muttered, getting up and going to my room.

"You up?" I got a text from Sakshi. "Yes, I am," I replied. "Coffee tomorrow?" she asked. I said yes.

"Sid," Dad called. "Yes?" I asked. "Next week, we have to go to a vital business program... so take time out for it; it's important... inform Vineet as well; he's also coming," he said. I nodded.

I met Sakshi again for coffee. "Hey," I greeted her. "Hey," she replied. We talked for a while.

"So, tell me Sakshi about your family and all," I asked.

"Well, what about my family? We are four members... Mom, Dad, me, and Mahi," she said.

"Mahi? Your sister?" I asked.

"Yes, my younger sister. My father is a businessman, into construction and all. To be honest, I am least interested in his business... my mom is a housewife," she said.

"Okay, and what about your sister?" I asked.

"Well, she is different. She is always into Papa's business. That's why she went out to get graduated in interior design and all stuff... This year is her final year... it's been a long time since I met her," she said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because she is so passionate that she doesn't even want to leave one class... and other than college, she has also enrolled in some projects & internships... so yeah, busy with that," she said.

'Wow, quite interesting... whereas as far as I know about Sakshi, is a teacher and want a simple life, whereas her sister is so different from her,' I thought.

"Hello," Sakshi said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Yes, what?" I said. "Why are you so lost?" she asked. "Nah, I was just thinking about your family, that's it," I said.

We spent some time in the cafe. After that, I went to the office for some work. "So, it seems like someone started to like coffee," Vineet remarked as he noticed my distracted state.

"Oh, nah, it's not like that," I said.

"Don't lie to me at least," he said.

"It's just I can't get her out of my mind," I admitted.

"Who, Sakshi?" he asked.

"No," I said.

"Then who?" he asked.

"Mahi."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep Reading

Vote.Comment.Share

Your's

Erica <3