Chapter 33

Sid pov

I reached Jaisalmer and went to her home. I could only see her mom there to welcome me. "Where's Mahi?" I asked her mom, but she remained silent. "Mom? Mahi?" I persisted. "Sakshi," her mom said. I went to Sakshi; she was there on her bed. "Sakshi, how are you?" I asked. "Oh Sid, you're back. I'm good now that you're here," she said. I smiled at her and then asked about Mahi's whereabouts. Sakshi looked at me shockingly. "What, she didn't tell you?" she said. "What?" I asked.

"She went to achieve her dreams and to study more," she said. What? "I can't understand... what?" I asked. "Just two days ago, she packed her bag and informed us that she's going out to study further and achieve her dream. She also gave me the signed divorce papers and told me to give them to you when you are back," she said, showing me the divorce papers.

I was numb. I took the papers and saw that Mahi had signed each one. "Where did she go?" I asked. "She didn't tell us anything, and obviously, whatever we all did to her is wrong. So, Dad just gave her his blessings and money and told her to go and study," she said. "What? No, she can't do this." I was taken aback. "But Sakshi, just yesterday I called her, and we talked. She didn't tell me anything," I said. "Why would she tell you? You're not her husband anymore," she said. I wished I could shout at Sakshi. I went out. "Sid," I looked back; it was her mom. She handed me the note. "Before leaving, Mahi told me to give this to you," she said. I immediately opened it.

"I know I am going without telling you, but I think it's necessary. I am going out of your life so that you can marry Sakshi di. She's weak, she loves you, she needs you, and I can't face that. Also, she found you first, so she deserves you more. Stay happy, and please don't look out for me now, not you, not anyone. Let me do what I want to do. I love you, Sid."

Tears started dropping from my eyes. "Mom, do you at least know where she is?" I asked. "No beta, even I don't know, and we are no one to stop her. She is already hurt," she said, tears filling her eyes.

Why, Mahiii, why? Now I understand what she meant that day; she understood... she took it the wrong way. Shit, Siddharth, you should have explained it to her. Mahiiii, why? I started crying like a baby. How will I live without her? When I said I love you, I meant it. Why, Mahi, why? I tried calling her, but her number is not reachable. I checked her social media account; it's deleted. Shit, there's no point of contact left. "Shitttt," I shouted and punched the wall. Why? How can she even think that I am going to sign these papers? Never in my life. She is my only wife. Mahi, wherever you are, I am going to find you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep Reading

Vote.Comment.Share 

Your's

Erica <3