Chapter 12

Mahi P.O.V

"It's been a few days since I got married, and I haven't left my room much. I only go out for lunch and dinner, that's it. Siddhart is busy with his work, so we don't talk much."

"Mahi ... Mahiiii," I heard a voice calling me. "Mahiiiiiii," came the call again.

"What?" I said, irritated.

"Come out fast; there are a few rituals left," Siddharth said. "Come on, otherwise, I will come inside," he threatened.

"Haha, hard luck, the door is locked. You can't," I replied, hiding my face in the pillow.

"Did you forget that this is my house?" he retorted, and I heard a clicking sound. I immediately woke up.

"No, no, don't come inside," I pleaded.

"Why? You are my wife; I can come in," he insisted.

"No, I am ... if you come, I will cry," I blurted out, realizing how silly that sounded.

There was no reply.

"Hellooo?" I called out.

"Ah... oh, nothing. Get ready in 10 mins. I am not coming inside," he finally responded.

I got up, went to the bathroom, and after a shower, I wore a lovely one-piece kurta with leggings. I did a little make-up and went out.

"Wait, where's your vermilion?" Siddhart's mother asked me.

"Oh, shit... I am so sorry, I forgot," I apologized.

"No worries, just put it for today as some rituals are left, then stay as you want," she said, smiling. I felt a little relief and smiled back.

After the remaining rituals, I checked with Siddhart's mother, "Everything is done now, aunty?"

"Yes, for now, everything is done, but after some days, maybe our relatives will come, then you have to manage," she replied.

"Okay," I acknowledged as I was going out.

"Mahii," Siddhart's mom called me back.

"Yes, aunty?" I responded.

"Well, it's been a lot these last few days. How about you and I go for a coffee this evening?" she suggested.

I was shocked but relieved at the same time. "Sure, aunty, I am ready," I accepted with a smile.

"Good, and yes, wear whatever you want," she instructed before heading to her room.

Back in my room, I set an alarm for the evening and drifted off to sleep.

After some time, I woke up and needed coffee. I went downstairs and found Siddharth, continuously typing something on his laptop.

"Were you sleeping?" he asked, making a face.

"Yeah, so any problem?" I retorted, heading to the kitchen. I made my coffee and turned around, only to find Siddharth standing right behind me.

"What the hell?" I exclaimed.

"I told you not to talk to me like that," he snapped roughly.

"What do you want? Why don't you let me stay in peace? I married you, and that too, I don't know why. Trust me, I don't want to know why because this must have given some benefits to you and my father. So, stay happy with that and leave me," I snapped back at him.

He left, and I followed suit, heading back to my room.

Siddhart's POV:

She snapped at me. Trust me, the way she talks is very bad, but she has the right to get angry and be pissed. I went out from there and sat on the couch, contemplating why I married her. I shouldn't have done this to her.

I saw my mom asking Mahi if she was ready or not. I was so confused.

"Mom, where are you going?" I asked.

"Well, it's been a lot these last few days. I am taking her for a coffee," Mom informed me.

"Thanks, Mom, for this," I expressed my gratitude.

At least she will feel at home. I called Vineet, "Hello, Vineet. Have you done the work?"

"Yes, I have got all the information about Mahi. Should I come home, or are you coming to the office?" he inquired.

"I am coming in half an hour," I replied and ended the call. I got up from the couch and went to my room. As I reached the floor, Mahi's room door opened, and she came out wearing a blue dress with a ponytail. She looked pretty, I thought.

Why am I feeling like this? She saw me staring at her and then looked at her dress and at me, asking, "Am I looking bad?"

I wasn't expecting that question from her. She looked at me again, waiting for my answer. "You are looking good," I finally replied.

She smiled a little and then went away. It's hard to sometimes understand her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote,comment, and share

Keep Reading

Your's 

Erica <3