Chapter 7

It's been a week since Sakshi di's accident. The doctor said that she showed some signs of recovery, but due to a lot of internal blood loss, she went into a coma, and even the doctor doesn't know when she will wake up. The doctor suggested moving her to our home with 24/7 nurse service.

I miss her a lot. I still can't believe what happened; she would have been married by now. Thinking about all this, I cried myself to sleep.

After two days, Sakshi di has been shifted to our house with a nurse available 24/7 to take care of her. I always go to that room, talk to her, and tell her to wake up and speak to me, but she is lying there still. "Mahi, your father is calling you," mom said. I nodded and went to my father.

"Mahi," my father said and hugged me. "What happened?" I asked. "Well, Mahi, do you remember when you asked me to allow you to go for your studies to achieve your dream?" he said. "Yes, I remember," I said. "Well, at that time, I told you that I am allowing you to go and achieve your dream, but in return, you told me that you would do anything I say," he said hesitantly.

"Yes, I made that promise. What do you want, Papa?" I asked. "Well, you have to marry someone," he said with sorrowful eyes.

"Whaaattt?" I stammered. "You have to marry someone," he repeated. "But why? What...look at Sakshi di...why?" I asked, confused. "No ifs and buts, Mahi. I didn't raise any questions when you asked me to allow you, so this time I want the same. Just understand, I will never think wrong for you," he said.

Mom entered the room; tears were forming in my eyes. Mom looked sad too. "But Papa, look at my age. I am just 22. How could I...I have to study more...I haven't achieved my dream yet...I don't want to...please don't...please," I said, crying.

"Mahiiiiiii...Stop crying," my father said firmly. "Mahi, just know that I will never want anything bad for you," he said. "But it doesn't mean you let me study just because I get married?" I asked.

"No, beta. I never thought of this. But now, for me, you have to do it. And no more discussion," he said.

"But Mom, this is about my life," I said. "I know you will be happy," he said.

I was numb. I didn't know what to say. "Please, beta," my father said. "When? To whom? Why?" I asked.

"Three days...and please don't ask me why," my father said firmly. "What? Three days? What happened?" I exclaimed. "Mahi, please calm down," my mom hugged me. I was crying uncontrollably.

"In three days? Only three days? That's why I came back? To get married? And that too, I don't know with whom?" I said angrily. "Siddharth Saxena..." my father said, shocking me.

"Siddharth Saxena? Sakshi di's fiance? My would-be jiju? The same guy whom Sakshi di loves? Are you kidding me? Are you playing a prank on me?" I asked, shocked.

My father was silent, and I looked at my mother, who nodded. "What on earth...I am not going to marry, and that too, my sister's fiance...what about Sakshi di? She is not dead; she is in a coma; she is going to wake up soon...what will I say to her...that I am married to the love of your life? Leave me...have you ever asked Siddharth...? Is he ready...he loves Sakshi di," I said.

"He is ready," my father said, delivering another shocker. "What? This is not true," I said.

"It's true," I heard from behind, and there he was, Siddharth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TWIST, TWIST AND TWIST 

Keep Reading 

Love 

Erica <3