Chapter 13

SIDDHART P.O.V

In the office,

"Hey, Vineet," I said.

"Hey bro, how are you?" he asked.

"Messed up," I replied. "What did you find out?"

"Umm, Mahi... well, she has done her schooling from her hometown only. She was good in academics, and after that, she went on to do a bachelor's in interior designing. Just a few weeks ago, her graduation got completed," he explained.

"Oh, she just graduated," I realized. "What about her personal life? Any information?"

Vineet then proceeded to tell me everything about her personal life.

"Sid, but why did you get married to her?" he asked me.

I shared with him everything that had happened with Sakshi and after that.

"Bro, that was a big decision," Vineet remarked.

"I know, it's a big decision," I acknowledged. "So, in the future, what are you going to do? Divorce her?" he probed further.

I looked at him, realizing I didn't have a clear answer for that. I shrugged it off.

Mahi's POV:

I got ready and moved out to go for coffee with Siddharth's mom. I saw Siddharth looking at me. I asked him how I looked, then immediately realized why I was asking him this.

"You are looking gorgeous," his mom complimented me.

"Thank you so much, aunty," I replied. "Let's go then."

Aunty said she's going to drive as she loves driving. We talked a bit in the car, and I shared with her about my graduation time in college.

We arrived at a place called The Risotto, and we ordered coffee. I opted for a cafe mocha.

"Mahi, I just want to say sorry to you, beta," aunty said.

"Why aunty?" I asked.

"Well, see, as you know, Siddharth was supposed to marry your older sister Sakshi. But she met with an accident. I thought we were going to wait for her to recover, and then they will get married. But Siddharth told me he's going to marry you. I was shocked. I tried to stop him, but he said that your father is also ready. Trust me, beta, I fought for you, but it all went in vain because I got to know that you are ready," aunty explained.

"Aunty, do you know the reason?" I inquired.

"No, beta, I don't know the reason. But I just want to let you know that now you are married to my Sid. He's my only son. Don't ever feel you are alone. Just know I am here for you, and on behalf of everyone, I am sorry, beta," aunty apologized.

Tears welled up in my eyes listening to all this. I held aunty's hand.

"No, aunty. The fact that you fought for me is enough for me. Thank you so much, aunty," I expressed my gratitude, tears streaming down my cheeks.

Aunty stood up and came to me, hugging me tightly. I hugged her back and sobbed, feeling like my own mother was comforting me.

"Okay, now stop crying. You are a big girl," aunty said, trying to lighten the mood.

I smiled at her. "Beta, I am here to fulfill your dreams. If you want to study, go study. Achieve your dreams," she encouraged me.

I got butterflies listening to all this. Thank you, God. After a long time, I am feeling happy.

"Well, aunty, I just got graduated, and with all this, I can't focus on anything. I want to take my own time," I shared.

"I can understand. Know that I am here for you," she assured me.

We chatted a lot, and I told her everything about my dreams and aspirations. The best thing was she did a course in interior design. She said she would help me in the future. This was one of the best things that happened.

We came back, and aunty went to her room. I went to the kitchen to get some water and saw Siddharth there making pasta. Oh god, penne arrabbiata pasta is my favorite, and it smelled delicious. He looked back and caught me staring but didn't say a word, going back to cooking.

"So, how was your day?" I asked him.

He looked at me. "Why do you want to know?" he retorted.

"I just... no, put more pepper into it," I said, pointing at the pasta.

"What?" he seemed confused.

I gestured towards the pasta. "Ohh, well, I don't like pepper that much," he replied.

"So you like mushrooms?" I tried to engage him in conversation.

He looked at me. "Yes," he answered.

"Then you should put some mushrooms on it," I suggested, hoping he would include my favorite ingredient too. After all, if he is kind enough, he will surely share it with me. If not, then I will order some myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote, Comment & Share 

Keep Reading

Your's 

Erica <3