8

Gabi

I was so glad Michael agreed to my plan, and that dad agreed to let me go to his, because I really wanted to see Maddox after today.
I'd asked Michael a few days ago to hang out after my day off, and thankfully he had adapted to the appointment change very well.

On the way back from work, we swung by school and picked up Maddox, then went back to Mike's and ran up to the spare room.

Well, ran was probably a bit generous after today.

"You didn't miss much today,"

"I missed you,"

She giggled and blushed, then threw her bag on the floor and took her shoes off, laying beside me on the bed.

"I will send you all my notes,"

"It's okay, I caught up on everything,"

"Of course you did,"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're smart,"

This time, I giggled and blushed, locking our fingers together as I shuffled closer. She wore a sweet smelling perfume, and I could see a small shine of glitter on her eyelids.

"I almost passed out earlier,"

"And your dad still let you out of his sight?"

"Huh... I didn't think of that,"

"I mean, Michael is a doctor," she shrugged.

"Yeah, he probably just got excited I wanted to hang out with someone instead of sleep,"

"You don't wanna sleep right now, do you?"

"No,"

"Good,"

Slowly, she leant forward, then our lips locked and we began to kiss, our bodies coming closer. I put my hand on her waist and pulled her, then she put hers in my hair.

A few moments later, she pulled away and caught her breath, looking at me, before rolling onto her back.

I swore every emotion crossed her face, then she turned her head back to me.

"Gabi, what is this? Is this- do you want us, or just the really great snogging?"

"Us,"

"Good,"

She turned back and kissed me, then pulled away again.

"Us as in girlfriend? Or?"

"Us as in... exclusive?"

"Perfect,"

"Of girlfriend but I feel like you have to have something before girlfriend that we haven't had,"

"A date?"

"Mmmm yeah. We should go on a date,"

"We can sort it out later,"

As we continued, we heard Michael's door slide shut and I broke into laughter, falling onto Mad's chest.

We spent a hell of a lot of time together, and also a hell of a lot of that time kissing, but I genuinely enjoyed her company and thought she was the most incredible person in the world.

But it was telling dad that was the problem. If this went wrong he would freak out, so I wanted to wait until it was official to tell him.

He wasn't really a relationship guy either, not after mum. I was glad though, I felt like if I saw him with another woman I would be permanently worried that the same thing would happen again.