9

Luke

"What's got you smiling?" Calum asked.

"His girlfriend,"

"You bet," Sierra said, entering the room carrying lunch for the both of us, "Hey,"

She kissed me and shuffled close to me so our shoulders were touching, before passing me a panini and some orange juice.

"You look good," I said.

"Do I? I just had my hands in someone's guts for 3 hours,"

"Well that's a delightful way to put it," Ashton snorted.

"Ash, you always say you had your hands in someones brain,"

"Ash had his hands in someones brain?" Mike asked, wandering in, followed by Crystal who was Sierra's mate.

"Not today,"

"Do I smell gross?"

"No," I smiled, tucking Sierra's fallen out hair behind her ear.

She was a general surgeon, so basically extremely smart, hard working, and someone I definitely wanted in Gabi's life.

Being with her made me excited. It made me want to go on adventures, and do stupid dancing, or cuddle and watch as many movies as we could at once. It made me want to settle down and do all the little things in life, and experience all the big things with her too.

I'd been in relationships before, but this one was different. This time I was me, and she loved that version of me. I didn't have to change, I didn't hide things... gosh it was so perfect.

In the past, me having a teenage daughter had been a turn off for some people, or it had been a turn off for me because I didn't want them round her. But Sierra knew what she was getting into- we had met through mutual friends after all- and she was open to it.

"So, girlfriend huh?"

"Yeah,"

"Are you telling Gabi?"

Calum's question hung in the air for a moment, everyone looking in anticipation. I knew what they were thinking.

"This weekend, I will tell her, and then Sierra is going to come to a nice meal out with us. I know it will take a little warming up, but that's natural,"

Mike and Ash gave each other the side eye and then Ashton coughed awkwardly, nodding.

"What?"

"Nothing,"

"What is it?"

"We don't think Gabi will take it well," Michael said.

"I know... I know. But she has to get used to it because this is serious, and who wouldn't love Sierra?"

"Gabi,"

"Ash, don't be like that man,"

"Once she gets to know Sierra, she will adore her. But when has she ever been open to even the idea of you having a relationship? It scares the shit out of her!"

"What does she do?" Sierra asked.

"She'll probably be a bit of a bitch,"-

"Don't say that," I shot at Calum, "Don't talk about Gabi like that,"

"Sorry... she'll probably be cold, maybe throw some insults at you. But if you keep coming back she will stop, it's only because if Luke gets hurt she wouldn't forgive herself,"

"Oh bless her. Luke, if she's not ready I can wait,"

"She is ready, and I will not let her be rude to you,"