14

Luke

"Dad, I don't wanna go to school tomorrow,"

"That's okay, we are both going to stay home. You have an ultrasound at 11 with Cal,"

"Okay,"

"Okay?"

"I don't care anymore,"

I twisted my lips and looked at her slumped against the car door, twisting round a bobble.

"Would you like to go to the movies?"

"I just wanna go home and see all the guys,"

"Okay, I will see who can come,"

"You don't have to stay off tomorrow,"

"I'm not fit for working right now. Besides, you come before absolutely anything, and I am not missing your appointment,"

"I'm gonna shower when we get in,"

"Okay darling... you know you can tell me anything? You're allowed to be worried or upset,"

"I know. I don't have tears right now,"

"Okay... I will call the guys,"

We got home and went inside, Gabi dropping her coat on the floor, heading up in her shoes. I hung her coat back up, then took mine off too.

I asked the guys to come over, then went to the kitchen and cleaned up the broken plates, hoovering all around. Gabi was really worrying me.

As I finished, she came downstairs and curled up on the sofa, so I joined her, cradling her in my arms. She let one small tear slip, but then that was it- still, it was enough for Petunia to plod over and lay beside her.

"Hey,"

Ashton slipped through the front door and took his shoes off, then held up some ice cream and went to the freezer.

Gabi didn't move her head off my chest, but she did move her eyes towards him as he came in, and he blew her a kiss.

"Can I get you any medicine, or a drink, or anything?"

"No. I am just sad,"

"Okay,"

"Maddox can still come over tomorrow, right?"

"As long as you feel okay I have no problem with that. I might have a sleepover with one of the guys,"

"Okay,"

"Hello!"

Calum and Michael both came in carrying food, Mike with takeout, and Calum with something he had cooked for Gabi. She may get annoyed by him being all doctor on her, but he really was her biggest supporter and did the best he could, even if he was firm on her.

"What's this then? Movie night? Games night? Pass Gabi round and cuddle night?"

"That one," she mumbled, "Cuddle and a movie,"

"Perfect," Michael said, putting everything down on the table for us, "Calum made you food, it smells so good,"

"Not hungry,"

"You've gotta eat,"

Moodily, she sat up straight and began to eat what Calum had made, stabbing it with her fork. The rest of us tried to ignore it and ate the take out, but everyone's eyes kept going back to her.

She took it to the kitchen after she was done, then stayed in there for a bit, before she came back out with tear stained cheeks and sat with Ashton.

"Thank you Calum. It was nice,"