27

2 days later
Gabi

Being in the hospital was the worst.

Granted, I had mostly slept, but when they woke me up to make me eat, it was actual hell.

I missed my own bed, and I missed all my friends, but most of all I missed because able to exist without this much pain.

Calum and Sierra said I was doing better but that felt like a lie. The only plus side was that all the tubes in me were getting removed, the catheter already gone this morning.

Dad looked pretty rough as well which was tough to see. He hadn't gone home.

"Hello," Sierra smiled, opening the door, "Do you think I could remove your drain?"

"Yeah,"

"Calum will be here in a moment. How are you feeling?"

"Okay. A bit better,"

"That's good! I think Ashton is removing your epidural needle later on and then you'll just have your catheter for medicine. You've done really well,"

"When can I go home?"

"A couple of days we hope. You should be able to change clothes after all of this,"

"Good,"

Calum came in and shut the door, nudging dad who had fallen asleep on his hand, before he and Sierra put on gloves.

"We are going to lay the bed down,"

"Okay," I said, adjusting myself as I laid flat.

"Calum is gonna hold your hand while I get this out. How tender is it feeling?"

"Like I am gonna kick you if you don't stop touching my stomach,"

"Yeah, I am going to numb you actually,"

"Ow,"

"What did you have for lunch then?"

"Ow!"

"I know, but you want this to be numb. You kinda messed up the incision the other night."

"Dad make her stop,"

"He's asleep. She's numbed it now,"

"You guys suck. Needles suck,"

"We know," she laughed, "Deep breaths,"

"Are you doing it?"

"I am going to,"

"Calum, is it gross?"

"Eh,"

He stuck his tongue out and I scowled back, then twisted my lips and felt Sierra put new dressing over me.

"All done,"

"Thanks,"

"Don't get too ahead of yourself and start moving round,"

"Could I at least shower?"

"I'll see if Ash is free now, then you can shower and I will braid your hair after my shift,"

"For my birthday tomorrow?"

"Yep. Is it okay if I take your dad to go and have a nap?"

"Definitely. Maddox is coming, Henry is dropping her off,"

She woke dad up and looped her arm in his, taking him out the room, so Calum took his gloves off and sat down, booping my nose.

"I cannot believe you're 18 tomorrow,"