30

Gabi

"Girl I missed you,"

"Julian," I said, wrapping my arms round him, "I missed you too,"

"You look good,"

"Don't lie,"

"Sorry, sorry, I was just talking to your dad," April said, throwing her bag on the floor, "Oh gosh, your hair. Please let me fix your hair,"

"It's really greasy,"

"As if I care, you've been in hospital for ages. Shuffle up,"

I moved forward and she knelt behind me, starting to undo the old braids.

"I didn't think they were that bad,"

"They weren't, you looked cute," Maddox said, kissing my cheek, "Where the fuck are Henry and Maja?"

"Talking to Luke,"

"About what?"

"I don't know but he looks fed up,"

"I will go and save him," she said, "Julian, replace me,"

"I'm not kissing her,"

"Well I didn't mean that,"

"Just go and save my dad,"

She shuffled off the bed which made April have to restart my hair, Julian looking around for something to do. Awkwardly, he passed me a glass of water, but I shook my head.

"Keep still,"

"Sorry,"

"Gabi," Henry shouted, "Missed you,"

"I missed you too,"

He crashed into me and wrapped his arms round me, April and I letting out a groan.

"I'm doing her hair!"

"And I just got a kidney transplant. Ow,"

"Whose kidney?"

"Henry," Maddox mumbled, "Don't,"

"What?"

"My mum's,"

"What?"

"Gabi, where can I put these flowers?"

Maja entered the room carrying a vase, then pushed her way through everyone and put them on my desk.

"I thought you didn't talk to your mum,"

"She doesn't. Just drop it. I'm just glad she is going to get better,"

"When are you back to school?" Maja asked.

"Not anytime soon. What are all of you doing in the holidays?"

"Why?"

"Ashton booked a lodge for 6, but if you guys can't go we can move it,"

"Count us in," Henry said, "Me and April were just gonna spend the week at mine anyway,"

"As long as we get our own room,"

"Oh you can have the room furthest from us all," Julian said, scrunching his nose up, "I'm down. Awh Maja, we can share,"

"Sleepover for a few days? Hell yeah,"

"I'll come," Maddox said, "If you come and meet my parents,"

"Already meeting the parents?! You're down so bad," April laughed, tying up the second braid, "I missed you,"

She pecked my cheek, which earned her a slap on the arm from Maddox, then she sat on Henry's lap on my sofa and made a point of snogging him.

"Oh yeah. My dad has a girlfriend now,"