56

Gabi

"Look at the sunset,"

"I know right? You get such clear views here,"

"How on Earth do you manage going from here to your dorm?"

"Everything important to me is over there, including you,"

"Stop it,"

"It's true," she said, coming closer to me in the hot tub we were sat in, "Do you like them? My parents?"

"I love them,"

"Good. They like you, I can tell. I wish you were staying longer than one night,"

"Blood tests,"

She kissed me, then put her drink down and cupped my cheek, so I put my hand on her waist and pulled myself even closer.

It was the end of the sunset, and her parents had gone up to bed for it was late, so it was just us two and nature.

Still, I was worried her parents were going to try and catch me out somehow.

"I think we are going for lunch tomorrow,"

"That will be nice. With my dad? And Sierra?"

"Yeah,"

"What food? Snails?"

"Don't be ridiculous! Lobster,"

I giggled and she smiled, resting her forehead on mine.

"I love you,"

"I love you too,"

"You don't understand how happy you make me, Gabi,"

"You make me more happy,"

"Not possible,"

"Yes it is,"

"No it's not," she insisted, pecking my lips, "We should probably get to bed. I'll show you to your room,"

We dried ourselves off, then quietly went back through the house and up the stairs.

Mads showed me her room, which was quite bare compared to her dorm, then took me next door to my room.

"You can shower, that's your bathroom. I think this mattress is the most similar to yours at home,"

"You have different mattresses?"

"Yeah,"

"Wow. Wow,"

She shrugged and wrapped her arms round me, then we said goodnight and she shut the door.

I turned on the lamp and got myself a shower, then dried my hair and changed into the second set of pyjamas she had packed me.

Weirdly, she was right, the mattress was similar, and the duvet was really soft. So, once I had texted dad goodnight, I fell fast asleep.

Maddox woke me up in the morning by climbing into my bed, then gently shaking me.

"Good morning. Breakfast is being made,"