48

Gabi

"Best massage ever,"

"Your dad fell asleep,"

"I rested my eyes," he scoffed, "What is it now?"

"Lunch, then nails," Sierra said, "Did you enjoy your facial?"

I nodded and she smiled, putting her arm round me. Her and dad had gone for an extra long couples massage, while I had a facial and then a shorter massage.

Being alone was kind of nice- fully alone. Dad had insisted someone be with me every second during the day, lately.

"Are we gonna match?" Sierra asked, "I was thinking red,"

"Yeah, okay,"

"Luke?"

"Think I'll go for black,"

"Not red?" I asked, "To match?"

"Not this time,"

"Oh, I might get blue then,"

"You can still match with Sierra,"

I looked up at him and he gave me nothing, for he knew what he was doing, so I looked back down and shrugged.

"We don't have to match," she said, "It's okay,"

"I guess we can,"

"I could go blue?"

I nodded and she smiled, taking us into a small cafe type place. We sat down and they took our drinks, but she had seemed to have pre ordered so two stands with different sandwiches and confectionery came out.

It was super fancy.

"How much was all of this?"

"None of your business, it's my treat,"

"How much do you earn?"

"A lot," she said, "More than your dad,"

"Wow, what do you spend it on?"

"Other people,"

"Don't ask people about money, Gabi. Just enjoy the benefits you are getting from it,"

"That makes you sound like a gold digger," I said.

"Whatever,"

"He is," Sierra whispered, giggling, "Eat up,"

"Do you like being a surgeon?"

"I do, I always wanted to be one,"

"Do you find it hard?"

"Is it cocky if I say no? Obviously it comes with challenges, and you have to be quick on your feet, but I think it comes naturally to me now. I practiced a lot, though,"

"She is insanely smart," dad said, "Like, ridiculously,"

"I feel like that about Maddox sometimes. She is so good at what she loves, it freaks me out,"

"You are very smart too,"

I shrugged and put a few bits on my plate, quietly eating as dad and Sierra began to speak. Once it was clear I was done conversing, they began their own chat, and I listened.

It made me mad, watching dad- he looked so in love. Even though I was settling with the idea of Sierra, and even thought it was cruel to say, the idea of my dad being in love was weird.

Still hated it.

None of the guys had really had proper relationships, so I hadn't really experienced watching it unfold.