41

Gabi

"Ta-da!"

I held my arm out and showed Sierra the cake, watching her face transform into a huge smile.

I'd put pink icing on top, then made a heart with sprinkles, and added candles even though it was not her birthday.

Baking to me was a way to show love. If someone baked you something, it showed they cared and had taken time to produce something.

Unfortunately for me, I couldn't bake, but I tried anyway. I used to think the guys hated me because they never ate my cakes, but one day Michael took me to the side and basically told me it was crap, then offered to help me re-do it.

Everyone loved them.

Plus, looking back, the guys always tried at least a bite of my cakes, even though they knew that they would be bad everytime.

"Is this for me?"

"Yeah,"

"I love it. Thank you," she said, holding her arms out for a hug, "That is really sweet,"

"I added candles,"

"I noticed, what for?"

"I don't know,"

Giving into the hug, I buried my head in her shoulder once again, and she rubbed my back.

"You're so tight,"

"What?"

"Your back,"

"Oh,"

"We should have a spa day, for real. All of us,"

"I'm down," dad said, "Back massage, nails, maybe a facial,"

"Okay,"

"Wouldn't that be fun?"

I nodded and she smiled at dad, relief on her face- I felt bad, that she was scared.

"Are we eating the cake?"

"Well, this bugger has organised Ashton to come and babysit them so that we cam have a date, so I guess we had better do that,"

"I have no dress,"

"You guys are so gross that you could make mcdonalds romantic,"

"Shall we go there?" Sierra laughed, "I wouldn't object,"

"If that's what you want,"

"He should be here soon," I said, "I need the last photo,"

All my friends had gone to Julian's house to make a cake, but I didn't have the energy to be with everyone right now, so I made my own.

Therefore I was sending updates, even though theirs outshone mine by a mile.

Dad and Sierra went upstairs to get ready, so I stored the cake away and cleaned up the last bits, before deciding to take Petunia outside.

She went around the garden, then retreated back to me and laid down, so I sat beside her and stroked her as she bathed in the slowly setting sun.

"Gabi?"

"In the garden!"

"What are you wanting Ashton to cook?"

"Can he get a recipe from Calum?"

"I'll see. He is here you know?"

"Calum?"

"Ashton,"

"Oh!"

When I stood, Petunia also stood, and followed me back inside; I hugged dad goodbye and he left with Sierra, then I hugged Ashton and sighed.