57

Epilogue
Luke

"You are gonna smash this,"

"I'm not. I'm not gonna,"

"Yes you are. Don't smudge your mascara," I said, putting my fingers below Gabi's eyes to stop the tears falling, "Even if you don't, just try again next year,"

"Med school is impossible,"

"It feels like it, I know, but you have got this,"

"I'm gonna puke,"

"Well that's okay,"

I held the bin infront of her and she threw up, wiping her mouth once she was done. It was interview day, and obviously she was nervous.

More than nervous.

She hadn't properly slept in days.

"You can only do your best, and I am proud of you no matter what,"

"They don't care if you're proud,"

I kissed her forehead and hugged her, then lightly pushed her towards the front door so we could get going.

Sierra and I had taken the day off work, and so had the guys, but Gabi didn't know that and didn't need the stress. If it went well, we were all going to celebrate. If not, they would stay clear until she wanted them.

Sierra was driving, so I got in the back with Gabi and held her hand, letting her talk over her practice with me.

She wore the dress Angie got her, and a small cardigan that Ashton had bought her. He felt it was a good luck charm, and I knew deep down he was just as nervous as she was for all of this. Afterall, they had always bonded over medicine.

"What if they think I'm the worst candidate ever?"

"They won't, you are prepared. They will also recognise you are still a teenager, you are not supposed to be able to 'doctor' yet,"

"Okay,"

She stayed silent for the rest of the journey, then when we got there she started to get upset again.

"This is your chance to show off how much you love medicine, and how much you know, which is a lot. They know you're a teenager, they know you didn't have surgery too long ago, it'll be okay,"

"How do they know?"

"We had to tell them so that I could come and wait inside incase you need any medication,"

She nodded and sighed, letting me catch her tears again because that's what I was here for.

"You have got this,"

We got out of the car and Sierra waved us off, before going to get a food shop. We were going to get lots of nice food because it worked out whether Gabi was happy or not.

Inside, she got signed in and then we had to split up so that she could go to the waiting room while I sat by the office with just about anything we needed.

Because of how stressful the situation was, Calum had made us bring just about every possible medication, food, drink, and even a blanket. I supposed last time she was extremely stressed she passed out.

I found myself rather stressed too.

As her dad, there was nothing more in the world I wanted than for her to be happy... and this is what made her happy.

It was about half an hour until Gabi came back, but it genuinely felt like a lifetime. She shuffled over with her cardigan twisted in her hand, then let out a smile.